Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
MallowHaze
New User
New User

Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Post by MallowHaze »

Hello.

I have been trying to set up a Naster skin: https://github.com/xjxckk/Naster using that: viewtopic.php?t=56043 instruction and other, alternative ways intended to work on other skins and client versions, most specifically 1.3.15, but all the efforts have led to failure one way or the other. The settings.ini file the original instruction treats about is neither present in 2.1.1, nor 1.3.15 client in the first place, and Deluge 2.1.1 has rearranged folders and names in its core folder. I use Windows 10 system.

I kindly request a fool-proof instruction on how to install this theme, it cannot be a rocket science it appears to be. Preferrably a 2.1.1 Deluge version. Any help will be much appreciated.
mhertz

Re: Naster skin setup @Deluge 2.1.1

Post by mhertz »

For deluge 2.11 on windows, you download the zip, extract and move the 'Naster' folder into 'deluge-install-folder\share\themes'. Then make new folder 'gtk-3.0' under 'deluge-install-folder\share' and in that newly generated folder you make new file inside named 'settings.ini' with following content:

Code: Select all

[Settings]
gtk-theme-name=Naster
It should look like this:

'deluge-install-folder\share\themes\Naster'
'deluge-install-folder\share\gtk-3.0\settings.ini'
(No need also make 'etc' folder for 'settings.ini' when 'share' also is searched for it, I found in the documentation recently.)
MallowHaze
New User
New User

Post by MallowHaze »

@mhertz

Much thanks for responding.

Edit: Never mind. I have restarted the client and the theme seems to have applied.

Thanks a million, you are a star for helping me with this indeed. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Edit 2: The icons however seem to not have attached paralelly and the default windows one are present instead. The title bar seems to stand out as default one too, the default dark theme derived from Windows Personalisation settings I have set up way earlier.

https://files.catbox.moe/dmlvt5.png (how it's supposed to look like) vs https://files.catbox.moe/oqstb2.png (how it looks)

Is there any chance it can be fixed?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome, and thanks for the very kind words buddy! :)

The titlebar/buttons is considered an improvement usually, because not seeing e.g. as here linux buttons on a windows OS, and so make it look native like an actual windows app.

However if wanting this behaviour stopped, so letting the theme again control this and not letting windows itself render titlebar, then need make an environment-variable GTK_CSD=1, either user or system, doesn't matter. For this then press windows-key and enter 'path' and press return, and select at bottom 'Environment Variables'. Then select 'New' either at top(user) or bottom(system) and enter 'GTK_CSD' at top(Variable Name) and '1' at bottom(Variable Value), and then 'OK' 3 times to close all the dialogs again. If wanting it reversed again, then just select the 'GTK_CSD' variable in previous mentioned dialog, and select 'Delete'. If still not liking the theme, then need change it's CSS code, and sorry im honestly to lazy to mess with that again, as so bad at it and takes me too long to get right every time.

Btw, if not too emotionally atached to this modified Mantis theme, and just want a dark theme in general, then can also just use the default and built-in gtk3 theme in it's dark version(adwaita dark), which just needs in deluge-install-folder\share\gtk-3.0\settings.ini the following content:

[Settings]
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true
(Same as before, the GTK_CSD variable will here make the titlebar/buttons looks less like windows native style.)

Hope helps.
MallowHaze
New User
New User

Post by MallowHaze »

@mhertz

The first solution you have provided seems too complicated for me, so I have gone with the second one and added your code in the settings.ini file, but nothing has changed. I understand it is either the Naster or the other one.

Anyway, the look of title bar is of secondary importance for me, I am already happy with the Naster dark theme as it is. Thanks.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome, and sorry for not best skills at communicating instructions most likely(atleast in shortness aspect) :) 2'nd "solution" was just a side-comment, for entirely other theme as alternative, in case you didn't already knew about that, but if liking Naster, then of-course should stick to it, so disregard that.

Anyway, if wanted then at a later time just ask what was unclear and i'll elaborate.

Btw, I forgot was simpler method, just if wanted and else just disregard of-course: Open the start-menu in windows, type "cmd" and press return. Then enter "setx GTK_CSD 1" and press return. Done.
MallowHaze
New User
New User

Post by MallowHaze »

@mhertz

I typed the line you have provided in Command Console, pressed enter, then restarted the Deluge client and yea, I have got the result I have wanted.

I consider this topic fully resolved. Amazing stuff. My greatest congratulations for you and your knowledge and that you have decided to share it with me. Thank you!

EOT.
MallowHaze
New User
New User

Post by MallowHaze »

My last post was just a little bit premature. Actually, there is one last thing, that appears off. The height of particular records in the peers tab is not the same, it varies a lot, some are small, some are big, some are medium. This is a stretched out list of peers of the torrent I am uploading: https://files.catbox.moe/r4s6tp.png

The same thing occurs in the torrents list above, however for the time being all are of the same height in my client. Sometimes they are all the same height and sometimes the torrent records change their height. It was never the case without the theme applied.

Is there any fix for that?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Is there any fix for that?
Sorry not by me atleast, as said i'm honestly avoiding messing with these themes. For people wanting a black theme, id just recommend the builtin adwaita-dark, as used in many apps and so has some testing and development behind in general to look right, though not sure how looks in deluge generally, but regardless. Sorry couldn't help you as said.
MallowHaze
New User
New User

Post by MallowHaze »

@mhertz

I see. It is not so big of a deal after all. I can live with it. Thanks once again for all your input. EOT for real now. Take care!