Informing Deluge of mass move of torrent storage directory

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
OmegaPhil
New User
New User

Informing Deluge of mass move of torrent storage directory

Post by OmegaPhil »

I currently run Deluge 1.3.15, and I have rsynced ~300 torrents worth of data from an aufs filesytem to a large drive (amongst other stuff). I need to tell Deluge the storage location has changed, without manually moving them in Deluge (with right-click -> Move Storage), which would take forever and undermine part of the point of the rsync move.

Is there an efficient way to update lots of torrent completed storage location information, perhaps a safe hack of some state file?

Thanks for your help.
topbanana

Re: Informing Deluge of mass move of torrent storage directory

Post by topbanana »

Just multi-select them? You can do this.
Then move all 300, or batches of 10 or whatever.
Then you can just 'Force Recheck' them to see if they're still intact. (again, multiselect)

I'm moving torrents all the time... moving their files from my 'completed' folder to the 'dld' folder, after they've been FTPed down. And i also had to 'move' all the torrents to a new path where the actual files were in the past, too... 'Force Recheck' tells you that it's worked 100%.
OmegaPhil
New User
New User

Post by OmegaPhil »

Sorry for the delay responding - I did a bulk move test and it seemed the SmartMove plugin refused the move due to files/directories already present in the target, then apparently deleted them - stupid bullshit, moved on to other things.

Being able to bulk move is nice but not what I wanted - the data has already been moved, its just a case of telling Deluge where the new files/directories are without deluge moving again or rechecking.
jfat
New User
New User

Post by jfat »

Hey I just had to do this and saw your thread.
The only way I found to do the mass change was to unmount the drive/directory containing all the files so then they all go to error, highlight and Move Download Folder, then make them force check. As the original files were unavailable and they were in error mode, there was no copying of files and it only took a second to get them to start rechecking.
Not optimal but im glad I found that way, otherwise it was re-download all the torrent files and re-add them with the new location and force recheck.
OmegaPhil
New User
New User

Post by OmegaPhil »

OK, at least that method is a read rather than a read and a write - shame there still isn't a way to bulk update without check. I've moved everything now anyway but this kind of thing tends to come up every few years.
jfat
New User
New User

Post by jfat »

Wouldnt there have to always be a read? Im no expert but I assume if there is some kind of change its going to have to verify what youre pointing it at. Unless you mounted the new drive with the exact same path and directory structure to trick it into thinking nothing actually changed (that might be an option?).
OmegaPhil
New User
New User

Post by OmegaPhil »

Basically no, see 'perhaps a safe hack of some state file' in my request - rsync has done the work, deluge was to be told of the results without hours more I/O. It sounds like looking into how deluge stores state and hacking it is the only way currently.
BottleNeck

Post by BottleNeck »

not sure if this will help. For me the :solution" was to make a softlink. I am not sure if you have that possibility (linux) but it does work. It's just not very pretty.

additionally, i found THIS LINK but could not get it to work. So if you do tips are welcome ;)
OmegaPhil
New User
New User

Post by OmegaPhil »

Soft links don't work across volumes, and the data was moved with the intention of getting rid of the source disks (rather than keeping some ghost structure alive).
BottleNeck

Post by BottleNeck »

OmegaPhil wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:51 pm Soft links don't work across volumes.
They do here :) Linux with NFS server tho. Are you talking Windows?

Is the link that i posted perhaps useful for you than?