filter on name of torrent in the list

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
4vanalles

Re: filter on name of torrent in the list

Post by 4vanalles »

Thanks I am going to look at it the folder exist I browsed to that folder in the preferences.
I will check if there could be something blocking acces.and look if i get debug info. V1.3 was working though.
I bumped into another problem after I updated to V2.0.4
With the previous 1.3.15 version the connection was working with the port I have mapped at my vpn.
Now after update the connection fails. When I test active port it keeps telling port=0 and a grey ! mark.
incoming and outgoing interface are both empty
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah, if you browsed to that folder in deluge, then must exist and seem possibly a permission issue, but if you with own user can e.g copy files to there without getting an UAC prompt, then shouldn't be that, and instead something else I don't know.

That port 0 issue is a general deluge issue reported/mentioned many times, also by Linux users, also reported here by Brotherred yesterday as can be seen by his posted screenshoot. It was sometimes occurring after upgrading to deluge2 from deluge1, and so I would test with a clean profile, so deleting %appdata%\deluge, or back it up first if important, and then start deluge again and setup it and see if still occurs. There where various workarounds posted which fixed it for some, but for a few nothing helped and issue always came back again, e.g after a reboot or something. Those workarounds where about e.g changing port to random(though which you cannot obviously, with VPN port-forwarding) and some others reported success with changing port to something else, apply, reverted back again to original value, apply, reboot, though one had to repeatedly do that upon rebooting. Also for some then upgrading libtorrent helped. Actually not only deluge2 issue, as this been reported several times intermittently also on deluge1 I too see now, maybe it's libtorrent related I don't know. You could also test with selecting libtorrent 1.2.3 in the installer instead of 1.2.x latest, as used by default. You could also just select portable install during installing for quick test and delete install folder afterwards(installs into current folder by default, in generated new deluge folder there) , just to see if helped, e.g selecting libtorrent 1.2.3 and portable, and as portable install always uses new fresh deluge profile the first startup and not your main profile under %appdata%/deluge(instead generates/uses 'install-folder/data/deluge' as profile).

BTW, when hopefully getting all your kinks sorted out, then if using fmar's deluge 2.0.4 then it has a PR by strangelovian applied so you can enter Guid of VPN interface into incoming/outgoing interfaces settings, instead of ip, if wanted, so don't need change ip if it changes upon restart etc, it should be entered in all upper case and you get guid by running in elevated cmd(as admin): net start dot3svc & netsh lan show interfaces & net stop dot3svc'. The win7 deluge 2.0.3 version by fmar, has also that PR/functionality btw.

Hope you get some success in fixing these annoying issues you experience.
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

Thanks So far @mhertz
I got ports working after deleting the profile reinstall, edit port no incoming and outgoing and the reboot. Now the connection problem looks like solved for now.
:D
The download of the .torrtemt still goes to my default download folder instead of the folder \torrentnew.
The content of the torrent E.G MP4 goes also in this folder and relocates correctly when the download is finished so the rights must be OK
Also after completing the download the .torrent file si correct copied to my \torrent finnished folder

Another thing I bump into is that I have a lot of torrents downloaded with utorent that are completed. When I add those torrents to deludge and force recheck they are not regognized as complete. This is althoug all new completed torrent go into the same folder
When I move the coplete files to the \torrent new ( download folder) They are recognized as complete but do not get moved back on completion

Itis a bity of a fight but I will try to win this one ;)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Glad to hear you got some progress :)

The .torrent file I still don't know sorry. I rechecked again, as never tested with "move completed" enabled, and when I download a torrent, then .torrent gets downloaded to whatever standard download folder defined in browser and then as I got file-associations defined for .torrent files then the .torrent gets loaded into deluge and the .torrent stays there, untill I delete manually, unless enabling the option for deluge to do it. Then it gets downloaded finished, data moved to the move_completed path and .torrent copied to whatever defined in it's setting.

The utorrent stuff, needs to be in the folder where you have downloads initially done and not move_completed - i'm not even 100% sure if it will move them back to destination of move_completed afterwards, as little hard to explain, but i'm not sure TorrentFinishedEvent triggered when download already done and only recheck event happens, but could be wrong, just seem to remember that event isn't triggered vagually(EDIT: As you also said yourself, sorry). In that case you could move storage with rightclicking, you can select many at once I believe. I'm not that good at these things honestly, so please others jump in if better way.

Little annoying I understand, but i'm sure you can win the fight nonetheless :)
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

You ar e doing well supporting this!
I tried the debug but the log remains empty when I click the download link on a torrent still the .torrent file si moved to download instead of my folder. Weird:S
I also tried without moving the file with the same result
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks mate :)

Can you open '%appdata%\deluge\core.conf' in a text-editor(notepad etc )and check that "torrentfiles_location" is set correctly to your wanted folder, or if instead is wrongly set to your download folder, like what you're currently seeing. It shouldn't really be possible to have this setting other than what the deluge GUI shows under preferences, unless using another profile folder than this, either manually defined on command-line or e.g. using portable install which hardcodes it in other place('install-dir\data\deluge'), but nonetheless.

Here's a log-snippet from me when testing this, I just generated:

Code: Select all

[...]
18:09:28.881 [DEBUG   ][deluge.core.torrentmanager        :672 ] Torrent added: 0aae223b7c0244e4952158554cd0506f0eca1fdf
18:09:28.882 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager        :675 ] Torrent archlinux-2021.09.01-x86_64.iso from user "localclient" added
18:09:28.882 [DEBUG   ][deluge.core.torrent               :1297] Writing torrent file to: /home/martin/.config/deluge/state/0aae223b7c0244e4952158554cd0506f0eca1fdf.torrent
18:09:28.883 [DEBUG   ][deluge.core.torrent               :1297] Writing torrent file to: /home/martin/b/archlinux-2021.09.01-x86_64.iso.torrent
18:09:28.885 [INFO    ][deluge.ui.gtk3.addtorrentdialog   :936 ] Successfully added 1 torrents.
[...]
My 'torrentfiles_location' line from 'core.conf':

[...]
    "torrentfiles_location": "/home/martin/b",
[...]
Could you please check again with debug logging thanks. If you close deluge, press 'win+r' and copy/paste this line in and press return(change deluge path if not correct):

"%programfiles%\Deluge\deluge-debug.exe" -L debug -l "%userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log" "magnet:?xt=urn:btih:85bbba4035cca750f681284857f53e405eb41f7d"
This starts deluge with debug-logging enabled and a linux iso added('archlinux-2021.09.01-x86_64.iso'). A couple secs after it has started downloading then just remove/delete the linux iso again and quit deluge, and debug-log is on your desktop. The .torrent file copy happens at download start, not end, so hence, you don't need wait for download to finish. The log is pretty big, so just do a text-string search for "Writing"(note upper-case 'W').
4vanalles

Post by 4vanalles »

in the coreconf fileI searched for 'location' and I see:
"download_location": "H:\\torrent new",
"download_location_paths_list": [],
"move_completed_path": "H:\\torrent complete",
"torrentfiles_location": "H:\\torrent new",

I am leaving on a trip shortly but I will try if i can do the debug again before I leave and then report back. Now it is bedtime and tomorrow some examn tests.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

So your download and .torrent file location are both set to "H:\ torrent new" from your core.conf - is that different from what you have defined in the deluge GUI? Under 'Downloads, you need tick and set 3'rd path selection-box to where to copy the torrent file, which I Guess you have, but don't understand how the core.conf shows otherwise - you're not using portable deluge install right?

'You can also just edit the core.conf directly, changing 'torrentfiles_location' to what else you want, with deluge closed and then start it again afterwards.

Good luck on the exams and enjoy the holliday/trip if not having time to post back before :)