Moving torrents to a different instance of Deluge.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
NoSpammy
New User
New User

Moving torrents to a different instance of Deluge.

Post by NoSpammy »

Please tell me if I'm doing this wrong, or whether it's a bug. I want to move some torrents to a different instance of the client. I drag and drop the torrents to the new client, and start them in the paused state. (Also for partially downloaded torrents, I carefully select the correct files to download.) I'm using client 1.3.15 and libtorrent 1.1.5.0 by the way, Linux Mint (Cinnamon). I get the data in the right place and do a "force re-check" and then the torrents start seeding. So far, so good. But here's the thing. When I exit Deluge, and re-start it later, only the fully downloaded torrents are working. The others say "Error: Problem with resume data: missing 'slots' and 'pieces' entry". It's almost as though the 're-check' sanitised the torrent, but didn't save it to disk when the program exited. Is there any way around this? At the moment, I have to do a re-check every time I start the client.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Moving torrents to a different instance of Deluge.

Post by shamael »

Hi,

You're doing it right so far I read. However I personally avoid to have torrent in D/L progress during a move.
I presume it may have something to do with the possible resume file in "state" folder but it's a guess.
Do you have many as is? What about D/L again the concerned ones? It may hurts your ratio I understand but it's a safe path
NoSpammy
New User
New User

Re: Moving torrents to a different instance of Deluge.

Post by NoSpammy »

Thanks for answering, thing is, these are packs of assets where I only wanted one; I have no intention of downloading the others. I just want to be a good citizen and share back the asset I have. I understand that I'll need to re-download the 'piece' that spans the ends of my asset and the next one in the torrent, because I did not provide the new instance of Deluge with the next-door file. Upon re-check, the program will happily do this, I want it to continue to do it after closing it and re-opening it.