Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, just noticed the default theme and mantis-dark theme didn't display maximized state correctly on titlebar, so always just displayed a maximize icon no matter if window maximized or not - still worked correctly and just a diplay glitch, but since not lighting up on hovering and default theme being wrong color of titlebar for default win10 theme, then I have fixed and reupped the installers with only changes being that default theme and mantis-dark theme is now I believe good i.e. lights-up on hovering and correctly showing maximized state and default theme matching default win10 theme, so white titlebar, and i'm thinking dark-theme win10 users are selecting a dark theme anyway so e.g. mantis-dark. If wanting dynamically updated titlebar-color matching your non-default win10 color-profile, then you need selecting gtk_csd=0 for such functionality. I'm too lazy to try fix adwaita themes titlebars/buttons, as spent way to much time on this here already as is, and they are pretty win10-alike looking already so isn't to misplaced looking imho.

I have updated the previous posted links now.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

mhertz wrote:I have updated the previous posted links now.
Would you hardcode the "Files" tab" in first position please ?

NB all functions, informations, in tabs can be seen in columns but the exectute function for a downloaded file that i was explaining before, is only accessible in the "Files" tab...

That's why it seems to me that it would be good to have it at first place.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry PhiliP, I am hesitant to change stuff like this which is very much based upon personal user preferences which varies much from person to person. Only reason I changed to horizontal tabs was because of that deluge bug intermittently reverting your custom defined tab-bar height so much that arrows appears and needing many extra clicks to get to later tabs. Now I though find that I could instead had kept vertical default tabs, and instead defined a hard minimum limit for the size of all tabs, so no arrows ever would appear, so probably should change back to that with said change, but then also hinders the possibility of making that section so short that those arrows would appear, if preferring that, and so again user preferences based, so probably will keep it like this anyway.

However, if you want then I can make a patch exe file to quicker update upgrades with your requested change, and so if you want that, then tell me if you want it separate or included with your previous patch for always deleting data with the torrent, and if you stil use default install-location or rather want a dialog for selecting installed dir to patch.
Last edited by mhertz on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

To persons where deluge doesn't start, then I think it's because you're using a user-account which isn't admin, since just noticed again, which I forgot, that first time running deluge then a message appeared from windows shortly in lower right corner that an admin needs to check that file before its allowed running and can take some time and a few secs later it started and that message didn't came again afterwards, but so if not using admin account, then that is probably why exe blocked from running, and so you either need run as admin, change user-account to admin, or disable that win10 security feature, if wanting this changed. By admin account I don't mean with UAC disabled btw, and just mean the default account type of win10, well, unless changed recently. Hmm, if that is the issue, then seemingly you could get away by running as admin just a single time, so that it's cleared, and then can run it normally thereafter, so try that if affected.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

mhertz wrote:Sorry PhiliP, I am hesitant to change stuff like this which is very much based upon personal user preferences which varies much from person to person. Only reason I changed to horizontal tabs, was because deluge bug reverting your custom defined tab-bar height and so arrows appears when shortened and needs e.g 4 extra clicks to get to a later tab etc. Now I though find that I could instead had kept vertical default tabs, and instead defined a hard minimum limit for the size of all tabs, so no arrows ever would appear, so probably should change back to that with said change, but then also hinders the possibility of making that section so short that those arrows would appear, if preferring that, and so again user preferences based, so probably will keep it like this anyway.

However, if you want then I can make a patch exe file to quicker update upgrades with your requested change, and so if you want that, then tell me if you want it separate or included with your previous patch for always deleting data with the torrent, and if you stil use default install-location or rather want a dialog for selecting installed dir to patch.
Okay, let's go for an all-in-one patch with default location (no dialog).
That's nice to you.
But one more time, i do not understand the prevalence of "other" tabs over the Files one as soon as the Files tab offers an option (open file) witch isn't possible elsewhere in Deluge while every other tab just replicates a vue from elsewhere in Deluge... and the discution isn't to erase other tabs, just make the only access to a function prevalent.

You're the boss :).

Could you add, for the "always deleting data", the "always deleting" the add-hoc ".torrent" file (both at final), please, because i noticed i wasn't doing it as i thought it was...
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I fully understand your reasoning, and also agree myself, but still am hesitant e.g. some want to see the big "pretty" progress-bar of current download etc i'd guess, or some would maybe request the Peers tab for watching language of peers or whatever, so could go on making changes back and fourth like that, and hence only wanna do this if related to an actual bug etc, but obviously do see your point :)

I'm sorry, but I cannot quickly add support for .torrent file deletion additionally unfortunetly. Possibly I look into it more and if do and make progress then i'll post revised patch to you, but for now just the always delete data and bypass the dialog to save a click/press + the files tab activated at start and made first in order - if having run with normal tabs before, then you also have to delete the two files tabs.state and tabs.state.bak in gtk3ui_state folder of your deluge profile folder, before starting deluge, as deluge source is overridden from there if existing from previous runs.

The reason for not including the deleting of .torrent file additionally, is that I just looked through the source and api-docs and there is no api-call to delete manual added .torrent file, only to delete .torrent file from state folder which is done by default anyway and to delete from torrentfile_location if having configured deluge to copy .torrent files into some folder and delete them from there at torrent removal. There's also deleted .torrent file if selected from the autoadd plugin I see, but that is because knowing the path already from the configured watch-dir. I cannot see deluge stores anywhere the original location of .torrent-files added from whereever on your drive manually(in addition to just initially for use with the 'delete .torrent after loaded' option in preferences. which reset with each new torrent added I believe), and hence no option either for this functionality. If always having torrents loaded from same place, e.g. download dir defined in deluge, then could be coded in I guess, by my noobish abilities, possibly, and else i'm thinking possibly one could code a query to libtorrent for status of where original .torrent file was loaded from, if libtorrent even supports that, as haven't checked, and then delete it, but as said, I don't know, and if looking more into it later, then i'll let you know. On second thought, I believe deluge opens the file itself and gives to libtorrent the bencoded data or something, so it wouldn't even know the original location, libtorrent I mean, so probably not even a possibility that thought anyway.

deluge-patch.exe:
https://paste.c-net.org/KingsGarret

Edit: Sorry, there is a dialog in that patch, to just click OK to start patching if accepting the default suggested path to your installed deluge, as I think you also had before, as just used a batch-script I previously made which has all the stuff in it to make such exe patches and I just need add new patches etc, but I can completely remove that dialog if preferred instead, and just forgot. Now that I think about it, I could also have the tabs.state/tabs.state.bak auto-deleted from deluge-profile, but if having done that one time yourself, then that isn't needed anyway at further upgrades anyway, so not important I guess. Run patch again btw to reverse and again to reapply etc if changing mind.
maxgltc
New User
New User

Post by maxgltc »

Thanks for your work. Unfortunately after installing nothing shows up when I click on the program. No error or something. Deluge 1.3.15 is working without any problem. How can I solve this issue? Thanks.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome. Possibly you're affected by the issue some reported where you have to run as admin, or atleast very first run, so try right click and run as admin. Some new win10 issue I believe, and not seeing this on my end.

If not helping, then try run deluge from a cmd prompt and see if any error output is shown - you can also try run deluge with debug-logging enabled, but usually not gives anything relevant when such reported before.

BTW, it's recommended to uninstall deluge v1 when using v2. Its not exactly mandatory I believe
or atleast not last I checked, but regardless, as they read each others config-files with new/changed/removed features/settings and I'm not sure if loaded torrents even can transfer back to v1 from v2, though should other way around, however not the cause of this issue here I believe, and they install at different places by default(%programfiles(x86)% vs %programfiles% in deluge2). Disregard if installing deluge2 in portable mode, as then a non-issue.

Edit: If not already, then please use my latest posted version, as the other version from petersasi has encoding issue making it not start on many systems. Latest version always linked at top of this threads first page: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55463
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

Thanks for keeping us updated mhertz :)

It appears that GTK_CSD=0 is broken using your installer even with a complete reinstall

installing without the gtk option ticked there are no problems

The error seems to refer to "C:\Program Files\Deluge\Lib\site-packages\path.pth"
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for the headsup mate, appreciated!

Also I saw that geoip was broken in last release, sorry, because empty GeoIP.dat file, as site/link down during the retrieving/building, so added that back also(and changed to new provider more frequently updated, same as used by my distro).

I also noticed my distro had added a patch for changing the user-agent of the deluge dev version to have '2.0,3' in name instead of e.g. '2.0.4.dev38', as bug-report gotten earlier about some trackers blocking such, and so I added that patch also to the dev version here.

Openssl updated to 1.1.1i.

Last, Cas added some commits for merging PRs today, so glad to see he's picking up the pace again, and so I rebuilt the dev version with those commits. One of them I already had added, scudre's fix for making execute plugin work again on windows, plus a test fix and lint fix, plus some more:

[WebUI] Fix tracker icon download error:
https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... 1845e6dc08
[WebUI] Add country flag alt/title for accessibility:
https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... ba9eb9687d
[Console] Fix setting 'Skip' priority on console:
https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... 8cc7aa2490

Thanks Cas! :)

Anyway, not changed more, as was to lazy to rebuild gtk3 and libtorrent 1.2.x as hardly anything changed there since last(and version numbers same still), and so just wanted to get on top of above things.

Deluge-2.0.3:
https://gofile.io/d/dRSBpB

Deluge-2.0.4.dev44:
https://gofile.io/d/qReNvo
Last edited by mhertz on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.