Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

This was an issue in petersasi's builds and I posted instructions for fixing previously. Have you tried my build from few posts above where this isn't an issue, or if preferred instead, the fix provided?

Btw @all, the included notifications plugin of deluge2 is broken, also on Linux etc, so if interested then I posted a fixed version of that, in this thead: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55458&start=10
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

mhertz wrote:This was an issue in petersasi's builds and I posted instructions for fixing previously. Have you tried my build from few posts above where this isn't an issue, or if preferred instead, the fix provided?

Btw @all, the included notifications plugin of deluge2 is broken, also on Linux etc, so if interested then I posted a fixed version of that, in this thead: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55458&start=10
Hello. i tell my best wishes to you for the new Year.

I'm runnig the first page package of Deluge on a fresh W10 install since 10 days and it's working fine.

Just i can't set the "sound notification" enabled with the "notification" pluggin.

Does this new version of "notofication" makes this possible now, please ?

Just few things just to report.

It doesn't want to keep the big expand (#) setting for its windows ( _ # x ) after close. I have to expand the borders manually and set its position without touching the edges of windows border (expand mode automaticaly in windows 10)

And then, if i close the windows (keep running on, while closing, set in preference to on), it does remeber its last size and position so that's not a major problem to me.

The second and last thing is that i haven't french in the languages. I've red (in diagonal :) ) your recent exchange for chinese language and i wondered if that was abling french too.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

When you check if you are connectable, in the "prefreance" setnings, it seems like its broken again, it does not give the check mark, only the triangle, other then that it seems to me its working fine. :D
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

I too experience the broken "Test Active Port" function.
Not matter what, the result is a (bloated) warning sign.
Maybe a corrupt indexing of the correct graphic?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hi there PhiliP, many thanks, I apreciate that alot mate, and you too! :)

The fixed version of notifications plugin I focused on only sending mail out, as that was only issue I got reported, but I think that 'sounds' does actually still work in the original version, so you don't need the fixed version then, but not 100% sure though. However, both in the original and fixed version, then sounds are disabled by default because pygame module isn't installed by default in deluge, and is needed for that I see now, so if you download this zip file and extract it into your installed folders 'Lib\site-packages' subfolder, and restart, then I think it will work, though couldn't test much myself as my windows VM has no virtual sound-card attached and so just logs an error about not finding a mixer component/device.

https://paste.c-net.org/HollisInuit

Btw, the "pop-up" functionality in notifications plugin is greyd-out because misses pynotify module, and Cas once stated something about it not working on windows or something - I tried adding it in just quickly, but still greyd out, so probably still an issue.

That error you reported about the window I can reproduce myself also, and it have been like that for a very long time, and I cannot fix unfortunetly myself, but atleast as you say, it retains it when setting it once manually by dragging borders out and not using maximized.

No, that is not related to french language or language in deluge directly, and just a general python thing relating to startup in petersasi's installers, so won't help you unfortunetly, sorry.

Bobby and jeps, thanks for reporting guys, and yeah I see the problem, but am not sure of the cause but will look into it at a later time and see if I can find some clues. I notice that there misses an icon file which used to be there and isn't now, from the gtk icon theme, but strangely when adding it back then it doesnt't help, and also there is exact same issue on linux and there the correct file is in place, so i'm little perplexed at the moment, but if finding solution later, then i'll post back of-course.
4NE
New User
New User

Post by 4NE »

mhertz wrote:This was an issue in petersasi's builds and I posted instructions for fixing previously. Have you tried my build from few posts above where this isn't an issue, or if preferred instead, the fix provided?
Your language files got removed so i can't download to resolve the problem myself and yes, i tried your build and it work, Thank you.

But it come with some bug.
1. I can't change incoming port it always locked at port 6881 no matter how i do it always switch back to that port.
2. When i moved or deleted the seeding file in windows, Deluge still show seeding status but without the file until restart the program.
*I liked it though. Some private tackers have a bonus for seeding especially large files by time of seeding.
I just need to download it seeding it then delete the file but my seeding status of that file still remain as long as i don't restart the program.
3. This may be not a bug but the watch folder is gone. Have to use AutoAdd plugin insead.
4. Few interface issues.

Sorry, My English is not good.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry to hear you're having issues - maybe try restart deluge or your computer and/or try with clean fresh deluge profile. Personally I don't have the issues you posted, and e.g. I have recently added and removed seeding files 30'ish times because of testing to fix the notification plugin's emailing bug, but you're unlucky seemingly. The audoadd plugin is a new feature of deluge2 to replace the not as flexible old watchfolder feature which was stripped out and extended into it's own new plugin.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

mhertz wrote:Hi there PhiliP, ....

so if you download this zip file and extract it into your installed folders 'Lib\site-packages' subfolder, and restart, then I think it will work, though couldn't test much myself as my windows VM has no virtual sound-card attached and so just logs an error about not finding a mixer component/device.

https://paste.c-net.org/HollisInuit
I've done it but i still cannot activate the function :

The square to be cliqued "sound enabled" still isn't cliquable :(.

Just to report. Not a major issue. Maybe you've more imortant to code... :).
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I tested it in my deluge 2.0.4 build, and now just rechecked with 2.0.3 just to be completely sure, and after extracting zip into correct place and restarting deluge then the checkbox becomes clickable again(as the code checks for pygame being available or not, which that zip adds, and is a lib enabling e.g. sound capabilities/format-support to python apps).

Can you please recheck that under the installed folder's 'Lib\site-packages' folder there is a folder named pygame which includes several folders inside(e.g. named docs, examples, tests, threads etc - I haven't cleaned it up to save space yet) and also alot of files in addition to those folders(e.g. py/pyd extension files etc), and so not just a new pygame folder inside the first pygame folder) - some extraction apps behave differently and/or depending on how selecting to unextract - should have clarified before also, sorry.

If not working for you still, then i'm sorry I have no clue why not working on your end sadly :(

@all, that zip is for my installer builds and I don't think they work on petersasi's builds, since propperly need pygame for python 3.8, wheras mine is v3.9 - I can supply that if some is interested also.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

mhertz wrote:I tested it in my deluge 2.0.4 build, and now just rechecked with 2.0.3 just to be completely sure, and after extracting zip into correct place and restarting deluge then the checkbox becomes clickable again(as the code checks for pygame being available or not, which that zip adds, and is a lib enabling e.g. sound capabilities/format-support to python apps).

Can you please recheck that under the installed folder's 'Lib\site-packages' folder there is a folder named pygame which includes several folders inside(e.g. named docs, examples, tests, threads etc - I haven't cleaned it up to save space yet) and also alot of files in addition to those folders(e.g. py/pyd extension files etc), and so not just a new pygame folder inside the first pygame folder) - some extraction apps behave differently and/or depending on how selecting to unextract - should have clarified before also, sorry.

If not working for you still, then i'm sorry I have no clue why not working on your end sadly :(

@all, that zip is for my installer builds and I don't think they work on petersasi's builds, since propperly need pygame for python 3.8, wheras mine is v3.9 - I can supply that if some is interested also.
Well, yes :), it now works.

Yes, there had to be a pygame folder in wich we have to decompresse (i use winrar) the zipp in sort that, at final we have a pygame folder (with folders and files) in another pygame folder :) witch wasn't the case for me when i reported the issue.

Thank you very much, the case to be chequed is chequable now :). I'll be notifed just as a torrent has finished downloading :).

Maybe those tricks (also the no confirmation delete box wich i like very much) should be mentionned in the first post, don't you think ??

NB it works on the peterasi's build, like i mentionned running under. I've tried one of your's before réinstalling windows and i had issue, don't remember wich, so i went to old but functionnal one with your functionnals addons. Thanks again :).