Ubuntu questions

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Bananaman
New User
New User

Ubuntu questions

Post by Bananaman »

Hi, I love Deluge and I have been using it for a long time with Windows.
The last weeks I used version 2.0.3 and it works really well with Windows

But I'm switching to Proxmox so I tried to get this working under Ubuntu

I spend a lot of time with a CT (container), but both Ubuntu 18.0.4 and 20.0.4 failed for me
The webpage can find the daemon but it would not connect to the internet

Then I tried several dockers and all failed
After some reading it seems this may be a problem with Proxmox and not my terrible Linux skills

So I went with a full Ubuntu server 20.0.4 and failed again with ngettext errors and the webserver not working
However in 18.0.4 everything works and it still does after upgrading to 20.0.4 even though I do get the ngettext error

Now the questions.. It does work with the webpage. But can I somehow connect the Windows GUI to the Ubuntu daemon ?
The Windows GUI doesn't seem to have the connection manager. Maybe I just don't understand how to do this

Using the web GUI is not to bad but I hate that I have to enter a password
I changed it to a blank password but that didn't help much.
There are a few solutions for 1.3.x but I could not find any for 2.0.3
Is there a way disable the Web GUI password prompt for the new Deluge ?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Ubuntu questions

Post by shamael »

The Windows GUI need to be the unofficial 2.x version available on the forum (matching the daemon version). To have the connection manager available, you need to disable the classic mode in the preferences of the client, launch it again and it will appear. The daemon need to be configured for remote management and a user/password need to be configured first.

Even if not adapted to 2.X version most should point you to the right direction https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient

About removing the webui password not to my knowledge but this leave anopen door :)