Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by mhertz »

@jeps

I'm not a windows user since 10+ years, as stated before, but It seems there can be files blocked if coming from internet or other computer or alike, but should though give you a warning, but just to cover all bases.

Then there is the new windows defender security feature that blocks scripts and exe's untill cleared, but on my end only takes a few secs and does report it back also and only happens once.

I checked if there where any files in my installers that had zoneinfo included i.e. was blocked as per the first paragraph in this post, but wasen't. However I have no other ideas currently, than to recommend you check your system if such was added for some reason later on, on your end.

If you download this little tool, and places it into your deluge installed folder, and then open a CMD prompt in that folder and run: 'streams64 -s -d *' does it then report any found zoneinfo files? That line will report them if found and then delete them, so files aren't blocked anymore.

Last scenario I know off, is as said the new anti-virus(defender) feature - this feature can be disabled completely from registry I belive(or group policy from pro versions of windows), maybe even from main settings panel in windows i'm not sure -I can send you a regfile to do that automatically, but i'm not sure you would want that, as pretty nice security feature. You could however either try add an exclusion rule to the installed deluge folder, or just for a single test-run, disable anti-virus real-time protection and see if the issue goes away, and then enable the real-time protection again afterwards, as only for a quick test of-course, to either confirm or exclude that this actually is the cause. (Edit: Also, in addition to the "block at first sight" thing mentioned in this paragraph, then there seemingly also is something called smartscreen which can be disabled, e.g. check this article: https://www.howtogeek.com/75356/how-to- ... windows-8/ - However i'm not sure it's needed, since the 'streams64' command-line I posted previously would also delete smartscreen files if existing, in addition to found zoneinfo files, which i'd then think would exempt those files from the blocking, but not 100% sure however, so included just for full reference)

Sorry I don't really have any other ideas I must admit, so hope it's one of the two above scenarious.

Streams64.exe: https://paste.c-net.org/SweatinVessel (sysinternals tool by Mark Russinovich - more info here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... ds/streams)
JGAS2

Post by JGAS2 »

mhertz wrote:deluge-2.0.4.dev38: https://paste.c-net.org/FiendIssues
Thank you!!!
Working perfectly in portable install, better than previous releases. Now thin client remebers config, filters by tracker quicker and scrolls faster when there are many torrents. Great job mherz!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're very welcome mate and glad to hear it :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Just a quick note, I fixed deluge-console again, which as said haden't worked in the last 6 months or so, ever since I suggested petersasi to add the alternative windows loader, which I didn't know broke deluge-console untill I found out just recently.

I just reverted the alternative windows loader to the standard default one, for just the single deluge-console exe, as the benefits doesn't translate to that exe anyways I came to think about. Then I readded windows-curses module and readded petersasi's nice patch to override sigwench on windows, and now it works once again.

Anyway, that is the only change, oh and also the updated openssl 1.1.1i, thats all, and I have replaced the former links with new ones.

Btw, Gtk4 has gone stable now, but the project used for building gtk(gvsbuild), doesn't support it yet(work-in-progress), and I also don't know if is even supported by deluge(haven't looked up if gtk4 is backwards-compatible, guessing not, but dunno honestly, and to lazy to look up), just like libtorrent 2.0.x which isn't supported yet by deluge(or most other torrent-clients - btw, I never actually knew that this makes and runs it's own new v2 swarm and doesn't just run on the v1 old one, so vast majority of peers will be on the old v1 swarm anyways, atleast untill v2 catches on, much later on).

Just a small note about that, as kinda annoyed me that deluge-console of deluge2 wasen't functional on windows.

Merry christmas and happy hollidays to you all! :)
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Thank you for the update/good work @mhertz ;-)
Merry Christmas!!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hey there shamael, I appreciate that alot my friend, really nice of you to post that and as even not a windows user, you're a good guy for sure, thanks mate! :) Nice to see my name correct too, though not that it matters and my own fault for never correcting it so people think it's mherz :)
Ognisty321

Post by Ognisty321 »

Hello, I tried to use it on Windows Server 2019 but its crashing every 2 minutes (I checked 2.0.3 and 2.0.4dev38). Someone had same problem or its just me :/
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

How crashing, is there an error dialog/message or app just quits, and is it during transfer.

Do you use mine or petersasi's version.

Does it work if changing libtorrent to e.g v1.2.3(fallback) during install.

Is there anything usefull(error) logged during debug-log run.

You can try petersasi's version if mine doesn't work(a newer component update in mine might broke something for you) and vice-versa, plus petersasi's link has earlier versions available for if having issues.

I didn't see such personally during quick testing on clean win10 VM.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I read a ssl issue occuring on mac with yarss2 plugin in it's thread here, so went to test if prevailent on my build on windows also, and it wasen't, but found another error instead, which upon further inspection was because of deprecated function-call removed in python 3.9, so I changed it to alternative non-deprecated/removed version and rebuilt it.

YaRSS2-2.1.4-py3.9.egg:
https://paste.c-net.org/PimpleHunts
4NE
New User
New User

Post by 4NE »

After months of struggle can't open the program. Now, I finally know why i can't get this to work.
It's because the system locale it can only run on English no other language.
Shame, I HAVE to use Japanese locale all the time so i think i have to give up on this.