Can't connect to FreeBSD daemon from Windows thin client

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
joncy92
New User
New User

Can't connect to FreeBSD daemon from Windows thin client

Post by joncy92 »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with connecting from any windows machine thin client to FreeBSD daemon
I am running FreeBSD 12.2 and deluged 2.0.3.

I have configured my auth file correctly with username:password:10 (with proper details obviously)

I am actually able to connect to daemon using the Deluge android app....it's just the thin client on any windows machine
Please let me know what you need in terms of logs and information to assist me and where to get them

Also is the Web UI ever going to be updated to properly allow configuring plugins?
mhertz

Re: Can't connect to FreeBSD daemon from Windows thin client

Post by mhertz »

Are you using deluge 2.0.x on windows, which is needed, either built yourself or using petersasi's unofficial installer from Windows section of forum here.

Have you enabled remote connections to True in your config i.e. 'deluge-console "config -s allow_remote True"' or direct from core.conf under %appdata%\deluge.

The webUI isn't needing updating, but the individual plugins that themselves need be coded to support webUI configuration, which some do and others doesn't, as is extra work needed and also in non-python language(javascript).
joncy92
New User
New User

Post by joncy92 »

Hi thanks for reply.
I've tried both versions 1 and 2 of deluge for windows
Yes the remote connections is set to true on the core.conf in the FreeBSD daemon
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You specifically need v2 of deluge on windows(when freebsd also is v2), so only do tests on that hence forward.

So you have enabled remote connections and I presume, identical auth file on both freebsd and windows(in %appdata%\deluge).

If enabling remote connections in core.conf then you need restart deluge afterwards.

What happens when you say "don't work" ? Do you not see the host(freebsd) in deluge's connection-manager window, or you see it, but cannot connect?

You can enable debug-logging as per deluge FAQ by e.g on windows run from installed folder in cmd-prompt: 'deluge -L debug -l "%userprofile%\desktop\deluge.log"' (log saved on desktop).
joncy92
New User
New User

Post by joncy92 »

Hi,

I followed the links in the windows forum to the unofficial 2.0.3 installer and now I can connect just fine. Thanks for the help!