Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
JGAS2

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by JGAS2 »

Tough call. Leave out and upset approx. 18.56% of potential userbase https://gs.statcounter.com/windows-vers ... /worldwide) or get stuck forever in 3.8.6
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

Honestly, not sure 3.8.x will stay on 3.8.6, as 3.7.9 is from august, so 3.7 still updated. It's very likely that 3.8 will continue to live.
If you want to keep Windows 7 compatibility, yes, stuck on 3.8, but very unlikely sprecificaly 3.8.6.
scott_free
New User
New User

Post by scott_free »

Hi,
like Mizerka on page 1, my Deluge 2 doesn't start after install. I double click on the icon, a wait cursor appears for a flash, then nothing happens. No error message, not even visible in task manager.
Windows 10 64bit, 1909 build. Tried both version (2.0.3 and 2.0.4), even with all libtorrent versions (1.1.x, 1.2.x and 1.2.3 fallback settings). Reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1, no change.
Nothing.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

This version deluge-2.0.3-lt1.2.10-boost1.74-py3.8.5-ossl1.1.1g-GTK3.24.23 appears quite unstable for me, if i try to use the UI at all it crashes. I'm updating windows to see if that helps.

Edit: it didn't. After update, deluge starts and appears to run. But no UI is available, you can click the taskbar icon but no UI shows up. Right clicking the icon does not work either.

Windows 10 pro 20H2.

This deluge-2.0.3-lt1.2.6-boost1.73.0-python3.8.3-openssl1.1.1g-GTK3.24.20 appears to work, takes a very long time to load UI, but works.
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

I've ran into a couple issues of missing icons and the entire window moving when a torrent file is added.
I can no longer reliably add icons to trackers either, neither with .ico or .png, only some of them work while some do not.

these are my install settings:
https://i.imgur.com/lHD6k14.png

clearing search arrow is missing:
https://i.imgur.com/xZm92fA.png

priority for normal is missing:
https://i.imgur.com/5YvJKvE.png

folder icons, video icons, image icons, etc. are all missing, .nfo and .txt however still exist:
https://i.imgur.com/pjKSaOP.png

missing some icons from the add torrent dialog:
https://i.imgur.com/tPmBkCu.png

Window moving when a torrent is added:
https://i.imgur.com/J5mfkbn.gif

Thanks for picking up the project :)
ajw107
New User
New User

Post by ajw107 »

I'm not sure if this will help with the people who have problems with Deluge not starting at all, but in the past when this has happened to me, in both Linux and Windows, I've had to:
  1. Make sure Deluge is fully stopped:
    1. Go to Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together)
    2. Go to the Details Tab
    3. In the Name Column Right Click deluge.exe (Should be sorted alphabetically)
    4. Left Click End Process Tree
  2. Delete the gtk3ui_state folder under %APPDATA%\deluge (and gtkui_state if it's there, but it shouldn't be)
  3. Restart Deluge
  4. If this doesn't work, try again, but also delete gtk3ui.conf , gtk3ui.conf.bak , gtkui.conf and gtkui.conf.bak (the last two may not exist)
N.B.
  • This will reset the Deluge UI, so you will have to re-select the columns you wish to view, etc. But because of this, it's a good fix if you accidently do something like turn on Pieces View or a column that is corrupt and crashes Deluge.
PhiliP

Post by PhiliP »

Nota Bene:About Label Plus Puggin

Code: Select all

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42629
Label Plus Puggin seems to be working BUT to be installed (i'm there at the moment), you have to rename the .egg at the strict minimum as i did "LabelPlus" instead of "LabelPlus-0.3.2.2-py2.7.egg" otherwise it won't appear with pluggins

PS : oops, not activable... Searching a workaround because i'm sure to have it done one time in a virtual machine recently.
Kebab
New User
New User

Post by Kebab »

Hello everyone!

I've been using a very old version of Deluge 2.0 from @MHerz, just had a fresh install of Windows so I installed 2.0.3-lt setup.

After a successfull setup, I can't make deluge.exe work no matter what. I've 3.9.0 Python and Visual C++ 2018 installed, running .exe as an admin. How can I take the logs to post here so we can troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm running Windows 10 x64 20H2, default setup properties.
deluge.exe doesn't show in task manager after trying to run .exe
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Since I was paged directly, then I will try help a little here.

Firstly, you don't need install msvc runtimes, python or run as admin. You can enable debug-logging as per the deluge FAQ by opening a cmd-prompt in the installed folder and running 'deluge.exe -L debug -l "%userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log", where log saved on desktop(you can also use deluge-debug, to get extra output, if any(stdout), directly displayed on the cmd-prompt, and not in logfile). Usually in these cases where main UI never shows, then often logfile isn't helpful but should of-course be tested as a first meassure regardless.

Lets see if this is a deluge or python issue - open a cmd-prompt in install-folder(enter it in explorer and hit 'ctrl+l > cmd > return'), then what happens when running 'python' ? If there comes up a python prompt, then python works, and can be killed with ctrl+z and return(or 'exit() > return' ). If showing an error instead, and exiting afterwards, then does the error go away if instead running 'python -E' - if does, then it's a matter of adding a special file to further isolate python and hence deluge.

Also you can test if your deluge-profile is interferring, by temporarilly renaming your deluge folder to deluge-bak under ''%appdata%'.

Lastly, petersasi has older versions you can test also, on his link, e.g. you can test them by installing portably into whatever folder, so doesn't touch rest of your system. and just delete folder again after testing. (if having 7-Zip installed, then you can also just extract the installer by rightclicking it - there comes up an error or two, which you should just skip/ignore, as unimportant for testing, and then can test running deluge.exe - it runs then with a black theme btw, if working that is, of-course)

Edit: In a clean win10-20h2 VM, then petersasi's latest installer starts fine for me, so atleast not a general problem with the installer and latest windows.
Kebab
New User
New User

Post by Kebab »

mhertz wrote:Since I was paged directly, then I will try help a little here.

Firstly, you don't need install msvc runtimes, python or run as admin. You can enable debug-logging as per the deluge FAQ by opening a cmd-prompt in the installed folder and running 'deluge.exe -L debug -l "%userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log", where log saved on desktop(you can also use deluge-debug, to get extra output, if any(stdout), directly displayed on the cmd-prompt, and not in logfile). Usually in these cases where main UI never shows, then often logfile isn't helpful but should of-course be tested as a first meassure regardless.

Lets see if this is a deluge or python issue - open a cmd-prompt in install-folder(enter it in explorer and hit 'ctrl+l > cmd > return'), then what happens when running 'python' ? If there comes up a python prompt, then python works, and can be killed with ctrl+z and return(or 'exit() > return' ). If showing an error instead, and exiting afterwards, then does the error go away if instead running 'python -E' - if does, then it's a matter of adding a special file to further isolate python and hence deluge.

Also you can test if your deluge-profile is interferring, by temporarilly renaming your deluge folder to deluge-bak under ''%appdata%'.

Lastly, petersasi has older versions you can test also, on his link, e.g. you can test them by installing portably into whatever folder, so doesn't touch rest of your system. and just delete folder again after testing. (if having 7-Zip installed, then you can also just extract the installer by rightclicking it - there comes up an error or two, which you should just skip/ignore, as unimportant for testing, and then can test running deluge.exe - it runs then with a black theme btw, if working that is, of-course)

Edit: In a clean win10-20h2 VM, then petersasi's latest installer starts fine for me, so atleast not a general problem with the installer and latest windows.
deluge.exe -L debug... command doesn't input any logs to desktop sadly.
trying to execute deluge-debug.exe on cmd at deluge folder yields:

Fatal Python error: init_stdio_encoding: failed to get the Python codec name of the stdio encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp1254

Current thread 0x00001d04 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>
running "python" command yields this log on cmd:

C:\Program Files\Deluge>python
Fatal Python error: init_stdio_encoding: failed to get the Python codec name of the stdio encoding

Current thread 0x00002348 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>
running "python -E":

C:\Program Files\Deluge>python -E

Current thread 0x00001e14 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>
on %appdata% there isn't a deluge folder :(

deluge-2.0.3-lt1.2.6-boost1.73.0-python3.8.3-openssl1.1.1g-GTK3.24.20 version works perfectly fine after extracting with 7zip