Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Unofficial Deluge 2.0.x for Windows installer

Post by fmar »

psisis wrote:... the client only sees about half of my saved torrents ...
Just a thought: are you updating from an older build with Python 2? If so, try to delete the cached plugins in %localappdata%\Python-Eggs and see if that fixes it.
psisis
New User
New User

Post by psisis »

fmar wrote:
Just a thought: are you updating from an older build with Python 2? If so, try to delete the cached plugins in %localappdata%\Python-Eggs and see if that fixes it.
Nope sorry didn’t work, and was using Py 3
petersasi wrote:
psisis wrote:I tried installing the new version with lt 1.2.10. Luckily I made a backup of both Deluge install folder, and AppData folder. Because after upgrading, the client only sees about half of my saved torrents. I don’t know why, the problem isn’t in the AppData folder, because running the old deluge.exe recognizes all the files again. Is there something in the old folder I should move to the new version? What could possibly be happening?
Well, I am puzzled, never encountered the same... Can you try not the latest but maybe the latest-but-version to see where is the point it goes wrong?
Okay, so I tried the same installer, but chose Lt 1.2.3 and it worked fine. But my previous build was mhertz’s ‘2.0.4.dev38 libtorrent: 1.2.7.0’. I also use the plugin ltconfig, but I don’t suppose it has anything to do with this. But I’m sure libtorrent 1.2.10 is having a hard time for some reason.

At least I appreciate copying your ‘gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true’ line, I always wanted it dark, so that’s pretty cool
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Hi,

I have two suggestions:
1. Increase log level to at least Warning with -L (capital L) and set the logfile somewhere you will find it with -l (lowercase l). Then please post the error messages here that are related to the torrents that are not read correctly with LT 1.2.10 but are read with 1.2.3 - worst case I can post them to the LT devs on ggithub.
2. You can "walk back" through versions: in the "Archives" folder on the download page oyu can find 1.2.6, 1.2.7, 1.2.8 and other 1.2.10 versions.

Thanks,
Peter
psisis wrote:
fmar wrote:
Nope sorry didn’t work, and was using Py 3
petersasi wrote:
psisis wrote:I tried installing the new version with lt 1.2.10. Luckily I made a backup of both Deluge install folder, and AppData folder. Because after upgrading, the client only sees about half of my saved torrents. I don’t know why, the problem isn’t in the AppData folder, because running the old deluge.exe recognizes all the files again. Is there something in the old folder I should move to the new version? What could possibly be happening?
Well, I am puzzled, never encountered the same... Can you try not the latest but maybe the latest-but-version to see where is the point it goes wrong?
Okay, so I tried the same installer, but chose Lt 1.2.3 and it worked fine. But my previous build was mhertz’s ‘2.0.4.dev38 libtorrent: 1.2.7.0’. I also use the plugin ltconfig, but I don’t suppose it has anything to do with this. But I’m sure libtorrent 1.2.10 is having a hard time for some reason.

At least I appreciate copying your ‘gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true’ line, I always wanted it dark, so that’s pretty cool
QSCFTHMKO
New User
New User

Post by QSCFTHMKO »

It seems not work in non-english environment...

Code: Select all

PS C:\Program Files\Deluge> ./deluge-debug
Fatal Python error: init_stdio_encoding: failed to get the Python codec name of the stdio encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
LookupError: unknown encoding: cp936

Current thread 0x00002a18 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry for butting in, but I tested deluge with codepage 936 without getting that error, and so I suspect you're having the issue I have talked about before of having PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH env-vars defined, which can mess with this and can give errors pretty close to yours, amongst others.

You can test by running from deluge folder in a cmd "python.exe" and this should give same error, and then if "python.exe -E" fixes it(so starts python without error, though not deluge, just the python interpreter I mean, as this is just a test), then it's that issue and I can send you a file that fixes it for deluge, as posted in my old thread, and which I'm sure petersasi will include later.
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

Do you have a 32 bit version for people under 32 bit OS ?
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Yep, once I get past fixing the cleanup.
mhertz wrote:Sorry for butting in, but I tested deluge with codepage 936 without getting that error, and so I suspect you're having the issue I have talked about before of having PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH env-vars defined, which can mess with this and can give errors pretty close to yours, amongst others.

You can test by running from deluge folder in a cmd "python.exe" and this should give same error, and then if "python.exe -E" fixes it(so starts python without error, though not deluge, just the python interpreter I mean, as this is just a test), then it's that issue and I can send you a file that fixes it for deluge, as posted in my old thread, and which I'm sure petersasi will include later.
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Never appeared to me that there would still be need for it. Is there still 32 bit windows 10 for x86? What do you use it on that cannot run 64 bit?

I think you would need a 32 bit python, OpenSSL, msvc initialization, boost and libtorrent and GTK3 build and nullsoft installer at least for that, so I would not pursue it unless it is a supported Windows version of on a viable platform.
jpsdr wrote:Do you have a 32 bit version for people under 32 bit OS ?
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

I personnaly already have VS2019, msys2. Python provide both x86 and x64 installers. At this point, i don't realy need nullsoft installer. Didn't check ssl yet.
I've tried to build it myself following instructions from issue#3201, but i'm stuck at step 1 as the link provided isn't working.
Also cloned your script, but i realy don't know how to adapt them to 32 bits...
Anyway, if by any chance you have a link which can "unstuck" me from step 1 from issue#3201 tutorial.
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

I don't know about those steps, I started from the already working steps of MHerz (never ending gratitude for that :))
May I ask what Windows version and hardware or virtual platform do you need this for?
jpsdr wrote:I personnaly already have VS2019, msys2. Python provide both x86 and x64 installers. At this point, i don't realy need nullsoft installer. Didn't check ssl yet.
I've tried to build it myself following instructions from issue#3201, but i'm stuck at step 1 as the link provided isn't working.
Also cloned your script, but i realy don't know how to adapt them to 32 bits...
Anyway, if by any chance you have a link which can "unstuck" me from step 1 from issue#3201 tutorial.