change proxy settings via deluge-console config

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
rugubara
New User
New User

change proxy settings via deluge-console config

Post by rugubara »

Hello,

I can query the proxy setttings via deluge-console config proxy. However I could not find a way to change any of the proxy settings via deluge-console. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks.
mhertz

Re: change proxy settings via deluge-console config

Post by mhertz »

I don't think so unfortunately. In a very old post, lead-dev Cas stated it wasent supported changing the proxy dict with deluge-console. It's the only dict option there is, I believe, and I couldn't set it either from quick testing. New deluge-console from deluge2 supports a curses dialog for setting it though, as well as all other preferences, plus you can change core.conf directly, manually or through sed or whatever, though needs restarting deluge afterwards to see change.
rugubara
New User
New User

Re: change proxy settings via deluge-console config

Post by rugubara »

That is sad that there are still config options not available for an automated modification.
I'd like to share a workaround that I applied to solve my problem of automated proxy server change.

Prerequisites: NetworkManager, dnsmasq, curl, jq

I use curl | jq to fetch the server information from nordvpn (including the server load) and find the least loaded server. I use jq to sort the list and cut the IP address. I set up a DNS spoof entry for dnsmasq using the IP and the non-existing fqdn socks5.nordvpn.com.

I have configured the networkmanager to use dnsmasq. I have configured dnsmasq to use addn-hosts directory. I put the DNS spoof entry into a file in this directory ( format is identical with /etc/hosts)

I set up a systemd timer and systemd service units to run the update every 10 min.
Naturally, I set up my proxy in deluge to point to socks5.nordvpn.com.