*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mhertz

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer.

Post by mhertz »

Just wanted to say thank you to all you good people around here, for the good time working together with you all, and giving reports, help, suggestions, nice words and whatnot :)

Anyway, I am at a point where I honestly am loosing motivation on this small little project here, and it works pretty good currently imho, so I think I will just leave it at that, and hopefully there's not long until a real official installer be made for you guys.

Honestly I'm not gonna miss having to use windows anymore, though did get my old knowledge of that platform refreshed up again lol, and learned new things too, which never hurts of-course. Anyway, I had a good time working on this and learning bits and pieces here and there and getting excited when something you worked on finally works etc, and not the least the nice interaction with all the good people around here so again, I just wanted to thank you all for that :)

See you around the forums and take care y'all :)

-Martin.
Last edited by mhertz on Mon May 11, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

Thank you very much for your patience and support for these past few months :)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hey there Jerrk, btw don't like calling you that, lol :) Anyway, that is really nice of you to say that, and I really appreciate it, so thank you for taking the time out of your day to write that to me mate! :)
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Post by highvoltage »

Hi mhertz,

thank you very much for all your magnificent work
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hi there highvoltage and thank you for the nice words mate, though you're being to kind, but I really appreciate your posting alot, so thank you for that :)
Paralel

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer [Unmaintained/unsupported]

Post by Paralel »

Thanks for all you have done, Martin. I'm truly sorry to see you go. Your contributions here have been invaluable. Your build will keep us going for awhile. The Deluge community will always be deeply in your debt for your contributions.

-Mike
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Damn, don't do that to me Mike! :D I'm not that good at taking complements honestly, but you blow me away with such a nice and supportive post my friend. Thank you for always having something nice to say and although giving me way, way to much credit, then I am deeply touched by your posting, so thank you again for that, as is truly appreciated :)
daszator
New User
New User

Post by daszator »

Thanks for all your work!

Only issue I'm having is that Connection Manager doesn't remember settings. Every time I shut down and open client, only localclient is there, and I have to manually re-enter host, username and password to re-connect. Any ideas?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome mate :)

I repost an earlier post of mine about this, with a possible workaround, though which was reported later to fail after some time again, and a deluge restart fixed it again.
Sorry, cannot reproduce using everything default on 2.0.3 installer and comes up fine on every restart and reboot.

The host info you have added, is listed in '%appdata%\deluge\hostlist.conf', which is read upon startup to know what to populate the host-list with in connection-manager. I tried rightclicking that file and selecting it to be write-protected, and then if I e.g. select to delete a host in connection-manager, then it get's deleted, but if you restart deluge, then it's back again as before, because of that write-protect change. If your file is even populated, then you could try same. If not populated(empty), then you could copy it from another system over to windows and write-protect it as before, or generate it manually. Just a thought.
For some, e.g you and other reporter, there apparently can be problems sometimes with reading hostlist.conf. There where a commit somewhat related recently, in deluge-dev branch/installer, but was under console UI heading however, so doubtful it helps here, but dunno, since also references non-specific-consoleUI file too, I see: https://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/c ... b259169f8e

Bugreport upstream(deluge devs) would be recommended approach, if above commit not helping.
daszator
New User
New User

Post by daszator »

Looks like hostfile.conf was being re-generated to the default everytime deluge starts; I've put it as Read-Only and for now it seems to be fixed.
Thanks again!