Scanning by Deluge...

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Novosedoff
New User
New User

Scanning by Deluge...

Post by Novosedoff »

I've noticed that sometimes after system restart from hibernation my Deluge (1.3.15) performs some sort of scanning.. That's when CPU usage becomes unusually high.

I am just curious, what is this for?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Scanning by Deluge...

Post by shamael »

Scanning, how do you mean?
On the network level you have the tracker update meaning a lot of connections if you have substantial number of loaded torrents
On the local disk there is a check of files too when the daemon load the resume file.

In an nutshell what do I (still) have to share and advertise.
Novosedoff
New User
New User

Post by Novosedoff »

shamael wrote:Scanning, how do you mean?
On the network level you have the tracker update meaning a lot of connections if you have substantial number of loaded torrents
On the local disk there is a check of files too when the daemon load the resume file.

In an nutshell what do I (still) have to share and advertise.
Thanks, shamael. Since you seem knowledgeable about Deluge, I would also ask you: how comes that Deluge always loads quite a few chunks from those files which are not selected to be downloaded?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Not so much in fact ;). Well I never d/l a torrent partly but i guess it depends the slices made by the uploader. I can imagine that bu chunks may contain parts of multiple files bu it's only a guess. I saw some thread about this in the forum but never takes part, maybe valuable information may be found there?