Deluge 1.3.15 loses track of its torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gossamer
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.15 loses track of its torrents

Post by gossamer »

Hi,
I have deluge-1.3.15 installed on fedora30 and every time I exit and restart it loses track of all the torrents it once had. This started after I had to reinstall from fedora31 back to fedora30 because I didn't realize it was beta and not released.

I previously had 1500+ torrents running without a problem. I don't know the version of deluge that was running at the time. Perhaps it was because the ~/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state and fastresume file were also upgraded to a new version, making them incompatible with earlier versions?

It looks like those files have since been truncated, or at least rewritten with new info, as they are much smaller than they once were.

Also, is it expected behavior that when adding .torrent files to the state directory that it starts to download them automatically, instead of checking to see if they're already completed? It basically truncated hundreds of torrents that had already completed downloading and were seeding successfully for months...
gossamer
New User
New User

Re: Deluge 1.3.15 loses track of its torrents

Post by gossamer »

Hi - no one has any ideas of what's going on here? Is there a configuration setting that removes all torrents on exit that I somehow missed?

I've even tried deleting everything in ~/.config/deluge/state/ and restarting, and the next time I restart after having downloaded a few torrents, it resets back to zero.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

There was an issue about this happening during shutdowns or power outages if deluge is killed before completing its save routines. I thought it had been fixed, during one of the latest 1.3.15 updates, but I always usually shut down deluge and the dameon manually before rebooting my computer just to be safe.
gossamer
New User
New User

Post by gossamer »

This happens regardless of how it's shut down.

What is the latest version that is known to work?

# rpm -q deluge
deluge-1.3.15-12.fc30.noarch
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

The issue was specifically related to power outages or shutting down the computer before deluge had finished saving the torrent data.

If you are having issues simply stopping deluge and then restarting it it sounds like you have a different problem. I wonder if deluge does not have write permissions on the directory where the config is saved. Have you looked to see if the files in ~/.config/deluge/state/ are actually being updated when you add new torrents? What about the other config files in ~/.config/deluge when you change the other settings in the preferences?

Also be aware that the config directory can change based on how deluge is set up. The thinclient daemon and client setup will store the torrents on the server and the gui settings on the client side. Depending on how Fedora is packaging things, the actual config directory might be in a different folder than your normal user folder. I know Arch/Manjaro run deluge as a separate deluge user and it places the config files in: /srv/deluge/

I am still using the 1.3.15 version from Manjaro as I did not want to update to 2.0.3 because some of the plugins had not been updated back when the update came out.