Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by pjlbyrne »

> 14:47:38.112 [WARNING ][deluge.transfer :136 ] Failed to decompress (25 bytes) and load serialized data with rencode: loads() got an unexpected keyword argument 'decode_utf8'

Hi, I am getting this building off master on archlinux. Does anyone know what this is? On the face of it I can't see the problem because 'decode_utf8' IS a valid keyword arg for rencode.loads().

Is there any advice available on how to debug the delude daemon? I know python and would like to debug this but I'm not sure how to debug a daemon process.

Thanks. Patrick
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Post by pjlbyrne »

It seems that the C function loads doesn't really accept 'decode_utf8':

def _handle_complete_message(self, data):
"""
Handles a complete message as it is transfered on the network.

:param data: a zlib compressed string encoded with rencode.

"""
try:
self.message_received(
rencode.loads(zlib.decompress(data), decode_utf8=True)
)
except Exception as ex:
#og.warning( 'inspect: %', str( inspect.getargspec( rencode.loads )))
log.warning( 'inspect: ' )
s = repr( inspect.getargspec( rencode.loads ))
log.warning( 'inspect2: %s', s )

log.warning(
'Failed to decompress (%d bytes) and load serialized data with rencode: %s',
len(data),
ex,

yields:
18:55:58.290 [INFO ][deluge.core.rpcserver :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:54890
18:55:58.306 [WARNING ][deluge.transfer :135 ] inspect:
18:55:58.307 [WARNING ][deluge.transfer :137 ] inspect2: ArgSpec(args=['x'], varargs=None, keywords=None, defaults=None)
18:55:58.308 [WARNING ][deluge.transfer :142 ] Failed to decompress (25 bytes) and load serialized data with rencode: loads() got an unexpected keyword argument 'decode_utf8'

But I don't understand where the loads C function is compiled, yet.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you try with develop branch?
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Post by pjlbyrne »

I am on develop!

~/repos/deluge $ git branch -a
* develop
remotes/origin/1.3-prefs-proto
remotes/origin/1.3-stable
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/develop
remotes/origin/develop
remotes/origin/extjs4-port
remotes/origin/master
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Post by pjlbyrne »

I see this issue has been raised already:

https://github.com/aresch/rencode/issues/15

The proposed solution there to 'uninstall the rencode package' doesn't make sense to me, since it is the deluge build script itself that pip-installs rencode.

It seems it is the underlying C-implementation of rencode.loads() that rejects the 'decode_utf8' keyword, even though the python wrapper claims to accept it. Furthermore, I can go into command-line python and call rencode.loads manually with the keyword without any problem, it is only from the deluge daemon itself that I get the wacky behavior ..... ?!?!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The suggestion to uninstall is because Deluge used to bundle a python rencode module. There is a python rencode on pip that you could test in meanwhile.

Can you create a ticket with all these details and I'll look into it? Thanks
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Post by pjlbyrne »

Thanks very much Cas. Ticket #3246 created.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I just made a new bug report - ticket #3248 - https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3248

I cannot input anything in CLI mode(after pressing 'l') of the console-UI of the python3 install, whereas a python2 install works fine. No errors or anything else useful in log.

I was hoping to finally change over fully to v2, but this bug is a clear showstopper unfortunetly.

Unrelated babbling, I hope that in the absence of ltconfig plugin for v2 that I instead can hardcode directly a few libtorrent settings-pack settings I need, but I gather that this is elementary from looking at the source-files.

Lastly @Cas could you please explain if it's okay to run on python2 version of develop branch now, since I have this issue above - I ask because you previously recommended to switch to python3 to another user here. How long will python2 be supported also? Thanks in advance.
silekonn

Post by silekonn »

Hello all,
Anyone working on Deluge at the present? I was looking at Cas' Patreon page with intent to join. I see the last post was in December, about taking a break. Can someone share what the post states? Deluge is appreciated and I would like to donate to the cause if anyone is active with it.
Thank you.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

silekonn wrote:Hello all,
Anyone working on Deluge at the present? I was looking at Cas' Patreon page with intent to join. I see the last post was in December, about taking a break. Can someone share what the post states? Deluge is appreciated and I would like to donate to the cause if anyone is active with it.
Thank you.
I am slowly getting back to working on Deluge, there are time-consuming packaging issues I am currently trying to solve...
mhertz wrote:I cannot input anything in CLI mode(after pressing 'l') of the console-UI of the python3 install, whereas a python2 install works fine. No errors or anything else useful in log.
Thanks for creating a ticket with details, I shall look into it.
mhertz wrote:Lastly @Cas could you please explain if it's okay to run on python2 version of develop branch now, since I have this issue above - I ask because you previously recommended to switch to python3 to another user here. How long will python2 be supported also? Thanks in advance.
For the time being Python 2 is still an option, I intend to keep support for a long as possible but it is EOL in 2020.