Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
NrGrimm

Re: Deluge 2.0 Beta 1

Post by NrGrimm »

i noticed that the webui plugin is missing. is it still in deluge, and if so how do i access it? thanks

running linux mint cinnamon 19.1 64 bit.
NrGrimm

Post by NrGrimm »

NrGrimm wrote:is there an eta on a actual release date, and any chance of a flatpack snappack and or a appimage? thanks

I ask again if there is a eta on the final release version yet?
NrGrimm

Post by NrGrimm »

NrGrimm wrote:i noticed that the webui plugin is missing. is it still in deluge, and if so how do i access it? thanks

running linux mint cinnamon 19.1 64 bit.

i ask again when are we getting the webui plugin back?
Zero22xx
New User
New User

Post by Zero22xx »

So guys... I'm guessing it's time to sadly start looking for the next best thing to Deluge? I feel I've been watching and waiting for this update for an entire year and looking forward to that deadline like it was christmas. Now it's two and a half months overdue and there is zero news on what is actually happening and the dev seems to given up showing up here, based on the last few comments.

I love Deluge to the point that nothing else seems to quite cut it but the bugs and annoyances are starting to become a little bit too much to ignore now, especially now that we're all waiting for a late update with no news from anyone. Starting to get a little bit tired of dealing with this program freezing and hanging every time I happen to look at it wrong and simple jobs like changing the order of torrents turning into ten minutes worth of waiting for the program to wake up and respond to what you are doing. Problem is, once you have a particularly large list of torrents that have been mostly renamed and put into folders, changing to another torrent program is easier said than done...

So what's the story here? Is Deluge dead? Could we expect the update by 2025 at least? Is it time to start going through the lengthy process of switching over to something else?
skullz613
New User
New User

Post by skullz613 »

I've been popping back every now and then hoping for more news on what stage the updates are. Been using this version for a while and as long as there's a small number of torrents it behaves OK. That issue reordering torrents happened only once for me when I had a lot of torrents active. I first thought it was Windows working on something else in the background sucking resources which caused the delay.
morbid
New User
New User

Post by morbid »

The devs have been putting out sporadic updates, with some occasional long breaks, for a long time.... so I'm sure everything is fine.

To the person asking about >1k torrents, you can't even compare. I think I had about 1600 on 1.3.15 before I switched to the git beta release. The old version started to get sluggish with that many and took a long time to do anything with them. But the new one just blows through them... I really don't see why anyone would still be using the old version still (or for the last year or 2)!

The gtk and cli interfaces work great (as well as cli commands).... I've never used the webui interface, but I hear it's missing :D
fuga

Post by fuga »

Why not use the beta? No tracker I am on allows it. I'd pay good money for an official version.
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Post by pjlbyrne »

Hi - did you work out what this was please? I am building develop (on archlinux) and get this.

Thanks
morbid
New User
New User

Post by morbid »

fuga wrote:Why not use the beta? No tracker I am on allows it. I'd pay good money for an official version.
With the ltconfig plugin, one of the options you should be able to change is what release deluge reports itself as. Unfortunately the plugin hasn't been updated recently (or in a while), so it would need to be migrated to the new deluge format (which doesn't sound that difficult).

As for the final release, I thought Calum was going to release it once it was fully migrated to python3. That's a huge project, and I'm sure it's still going to take a lot more time to complete. But hopefully sooner than 9 months, as python2.7 goes end of life then.
fuga

Post by fuga »

Thanks for all that, morbid. Now to get the beta to actually run. So far it's been a non starter. Just crashes when trying to start.