Download speed suddenly slowed, sometimes completely stops

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
pyrrha
New User
New User

Download speed suddenly slowed, sometimes completely stops

Post by pyrrha »

I've been downloading a torrent that is 44.3 GiB. It got to 85% in about 4 hours, but the download speed suddenly dropped sharply, even completely stopping at some points. All afternoon it was at a speed of 1.5 to up to 6.5 GiB/s and I wasn't using my computer for anything else, and turned off wifi on my phone. Nothing has changed between now and when I started. I'm using ExpressVPN which I have had no trouble with in the past...

As I write this the speed is now going between 10 and 50 KiB/s.

I've tried changing the port settings, download and upload limits, and turning off my firewall. The download hasn't completely stopped since I turned off firewall but it still hasn't gone above 60 MiB/s.

I'm not looking to optimize or whatever, but simply get it back to the speed it was downloading at before. I never touched the settings before trying to fix this.
Shryp

Re: Download speed suddenly slowed, sometimes completely stops

Post by Shryp »

Are you sure you didn't just catch up to the rest of the swarm and now there is nothing else to download since everyone is stuck around the same percentage?
pyrrha
New User
New User

Post by pyrrha »

I don't know what that means, how would I check it?
The torrent is from 2016 and has seeders so I would assume it's been downloaded before...
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You can only download as fast as the other person is uploading. Maybe try a different torrent and see if anything changes.