Cannot connect to Windows daemon from Windows client

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ars3nic
New User
New User

Cannot connect to Windows daemon from Windows client

Post by ars3nic »

Hello,

I'm running the daemon on a WS2012R2 host, and I can connect to it perfectly fine from the same local machine, but I cannot connect to it from a Win10 machine on the same LAN. I have 'allow remote connections' enabled, I have port 58846 (which I'm using) allowed in the firewall on the host. I can access all other services I have running on the host, including the Deluge WebUI, from the Win10 machine, and I can also connect from the Win10 machine to another daemon I have running on a remote Ubuntu server.

The only thing I can't manage to do is access the daemon that's running on the host 10 feet away.....

Am I just overlooking something really simple here? I've checked and re-checked port numbers/forwarding, firewalls, the auth file, etc, but I'm at wit's end. I don't get any error messages, just the red light under Status in the Connection Manager.

Thanks,
-ars3nic
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Cannot connect to Windows daemon from Windows client

Post by shamael »

On the server enable the Firewall logging and confirm with a TCP ping utility (suggestion: psping) you can touch the port from the win10
What tells the Firewall log on the server? If the connection attempt is successful the issue is on the Deluge authentication.
ars3nic
New User
New User

Re: Cannot connect to Windows daemon from Windows client

Post by ars3nic »

Well, I figured it out, but it doesn't make much sense. I previously had a firewall rule to allow all traffic on port 58846, but just for shits I changed it to a rule allowing all traffic for deluged-debug.exe (using debug since it's running as a stoppable service via NSSM).....and for some reason, that did the trick.