Some Basic Deluge Questions.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Vectraat
New User
New User

Some Basic Deluge Questions.

Post by Vectraat »

Hi, very new to Deluge, but I'm liking it so far. Just have a few questions.

Is there no way to create a .torrent from the Deluge Web UI? I see there's an option for this in the desktop/GTK UI Deluge
version.

I'm not entirely sure what I should use for "Piece size" In other clients I use "Auto" but I see there's no "Auto" option in Deluge. What should I use
instead?

I also don't see a "Source" option either. Is there one?

If I did create a .torrent from another client, I assume it would be fine for me to use/UL via Deluge even if I create the torrent using features like Source/Auto Piece size that aren't present in Deluge?

Thanks.
Shryp

Re: Some Basic Deluge Questions.

Post by Shryp »

You can use anything you want for piece size. Smaller pieces will create more overhead and larger pieces will cause it to take longer for parts to start distributing themselves around between peers. Piece size is generally related to the total size of the torrent so you could look to other torrents you have as examples.

Any torrent can be added to Deluge regardless of how it was created, just add it in a paused state and then do a force recheck on it.
Vectraat
New User
New User

Post by Vectraat »

Ok, thanks for the response. One other question if you wouldn't mind.

When creating a .torrent via Deluge I don't see an option to deselect "Start seeding immediately" Does this mean that my .torrent will default to a paused state? Or do I need to manually pause before force recheking?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

I just made a test torrent and I found an option that says "add to this session". It was added in a paused state, but I also have it set to add new torrents in a paused state.