deluge completely ignores settings

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
teamtom
New User
New User

deluge completely ignores settings

Post by teamtom »

I had to reinstall my Raspbian so i saved contents of ~/.config/deluge
after reinstalling the OS i installed Deluge (deluge and deluge-web)
i started deluged (to create config files) then stopped it
then i copied over the previous settings directory (except ssl/, auth and hostlist.conf)
i started deluged and deluge-web and tried to connect using the webUI
i could connect but deluge completely ignores my previous state described with the saved settings
it shows 0 torrents and the default settings

how is that possible? what s wrong with the process i tried to get my torrents back on a fresh distro?

please help!
Shryp

Re: deluge completely ignores settings

Post by Shryp »

I would delete the entire .config/deluge and then copy your old one there with an empty folder. Make sure deluge is fully stopped. Maybe you still had the daemon running in the background. I have copied between Windows and Linux with no issues doing that.
teamtom
New User
New User

Post by teamtom »

i stopped the daemon with: sudo service deluged stop
then checked its status with: service --status-all | grep deluged
---
previously i tried to stop the daemon, copy my old directory with all files (including ssl/, auth and hostlist.conf)
restarting the daemon and trying to connect with webUI but it fails to connect and i get error messages on the terminal like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, a62fed413456e5a928bf926c6c2b248be5dd7ee7)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 262, in dispatch
ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 95, in authorize
raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")

BadLoginError: Password does not match
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Worst case is maybe try to copy your state folder over, but do the rest of the settings manually again.
teamtom
New User
New User

Post by teamtom »

i have already tried that :(
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Have you maybe changed the mount points of your data folders or something? What about the user name you are running deluge as? Check your file and folder permissions too.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Copying the state folder is enough to reload the seeding torrents in the interface, settings will be lost but I prefer this way when rebuilding Deluge.

- When you stop Deluge with systemctl, can you issue the below command to confirm it's not running?
ps aux|grep -i delug

- Considering you have a service running, can you confirm the good user profile is used? Each user starting Deluge will have its own settings and loaded torrents meaning if you configured the service with the user "Deluge" for example but then modify the profile inside the SSH user the correct location is not altered. May easier to see if multiple profiles exist with:
sudo find /home/ -iname deluge