Settings for faster seeding

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
saltedbread
New User
New User

Settings for faster seeding

Post by saltedbread »

I am running Deluge on Raspberry Pi. Download speeds are great but the upload seems to be slow. Aside from the upload limit (which is unlimited) are there any other settings I should watch out for? I get several MB/s down but usually less than 0.25 MB/s up. Under queue in preferences, what do the settings Share Ratio Limit, Share Time Ratio and Seed Time do?
mhertz

Re: Settings for faster seeding

Post by mhertz »

Generally, alot of people use ltconfig plugin and enable the high-performance-seed preset, which maximizes uploads(and downloads) e.g. for a seedbox or other powerfull setup. It's much used in the seedbox/private-trackers community for racing and obtaining best possible ratio's, if the slot is powerfull enough(if not, rtorrent usually has the advantage, according to a bunch of seedbox tests i've seen).

You don't have a particularly powerful setup i'm assuming, with your rpi, but still, you could possibly benefit from enabling it, and then possibly disabling some stuff too, e.g. our fellow (and always helpful :) ) forum-member shamael once posted the following(in slightly different topic, though, but nonetheless):
what you can do:
- limit the global download speed
- reduce the connection and upload slot per torrent + globally.

I'm using the high speed preset with an RPI 3 without having issue. But all settings don't have to be applied to not struggle the RPI. For example the most killing settings in my setup (to not take from the preset)
- total connection 200
- 50 connections per torrent/ 10 upload slots
- caching: 4096MB/60 expiry

I limit my DL speed to 7MB and no impact for the rest of the network or peers connections.
Source: viewtopic.php?t=54560&start=30#p226682

EDIT: Sorry, about your other questions, then those settings are for controlling how long you wan't torrents to seed, either in ratio or time.
saltedbread
New User
New User

Post by saltedbread »

mhertz wrote:Generally, alot of people use ltconfig plugin and enable the high-performance-seed preset, which maximizes uploads(and downloads) e.g. for a seedbox or other powerfull setup. It's much used in the seedbox/private-trackers community for racing and obtaining best possible ratio's, if the slot is powerfull enough(if not, rtorrent usually has the advantage, according to a bunch of seedbox tests i've seen).

You don't have a particularly powerful setup i'm assuming, with your rpi, but still, you could possibly benefit from enabling it, and then possibly disabling some stuff too, e.g. our fellow (and always helpful :) ) forum-member shamael once posted the following(in slightly different topic, though, but nonetheless):
what you can do:
- limit the global download speed
- reduce the connection and upload slot per torrent + globally.

I'm using the high speed preset with an RPI 3 without having issue. But all settings don't have to be applied to not struggle the RPI. For example the most killing settings in my setup (to not take from the preset)
- total connection 200
- 50 connections per torrent/ 10 upload slots
- caching: 4096MB/60 expiry

I limit my DL speed to 7MB and no impact for the rest of the network or peers connections.
Source: viewtopic.php?t=54560&start=30#p226682

EDIT: Sorry, about your other questions, then those settings are for controlling how long you wan't torrents to seed, either in ratio or time.
Thanks a lot for the valuable information. I notice now that web interface keeps disconnecting. I'll keep playing with it but may be asking too much of the Pi!

EDIT: is it possible Deluge is leaking memory?
jeps
Leecher
Leecher

Post by jeps »

About the leaking.

If you have chosen the max. setting in itconfig you will have a very high setting for the disk cache.
Just find the setting in itconfig and lower it to a more reasonable value (it is quite high).
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

@mhertz thx ;)

@saltedbread
I'm using Deluge on an RPI3b with attached USB. The LTconfig plugin is installed and high speed profile enabled but with some customizations
Here below the list so far I was able to remember

active_dht_limit untick
active_limit 2000
announce to all tiers enable
announce to all trackers enable
cache_size disable
cache_expiry disable
connections speed 100
connections_limit 250
dht upload rate limit untick
user agent Deluge

The "untick" option means this option is untouched by ltconfig but well configured on the option of Deluge (cache etc). I' running Debian Stretch with Deluge installed from the PPA (check the forum if not aware of) and frozen the package. Mainly to avoid the update of libtorrent above 1.0.11 during Debian update. Rock stable this way.
saltedbread
New User
New User

Post by saltedbread »

Thanks for the help! Seems to be working better.