HDD Limit, Pause Downloads (plugin)?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
DarkSlave
New User
New User

HDD Limit, Pause Downloads (plugin)?

Post by DarkSlave »

Is there a known way to pause ALL the torrents downloading if a specific hdd space limit has been reached? The reason for my questions is that twice already my torrent box has crashed, can't boot since there is no space to write a simple .log file, and I have to take the SD card out, boot another computer with Ubuntu or Raspbian with desktop capability, to simply go to the /home/Downloads and erase a file to make space, to then boot, go to Deluge, pause ALL the downloaded .tor files, move whatever is completed, that for whatever reason it decided NOT to move (loss of network connection or something) to then restart everything.

I was thinking that there could be a plug-in that may look at the HDD space, set a limit, pause ALL the downloads due to lack of hdd space, send some kind of notification (email, text, directly on the GUI) to let the user know that Deluge has been paused due to lack of space or reaching such limit so the system simply doesn't crash.

If there is such, please point me to it, if not, I am not a programmer like many of you guys, I can play around, but nothing fancy; and maybe someone may want to have a crack at it?

Thanks in advance!
Shryp

Re: HDD Limit, Pause Downloads (plugin)?

Post by Shryp »

Under download options do you have it set to use full allocation or compact allocation? Full allocation sets it to reserve all of the space when downloading a file vs compact allocation that only reserves per block downloaded. I have never ran out of space, but wondering if full allocation will just put the new torrents in an error state if it can't allocate enough space.

Any reason you don't just download to the network to begin with vs copying when done? SD cards aren't meant to be written to over and over again.
DarkSlave
New User
New User

Post by DarkSlave »

Shryp wrote:Under download options do you have it set to use full allocation or compact allocation? Full allocation sets it to reserve all of the space when downloading a file vs compact allocation that only reserves per block downloaded. I have never ran out of space, but wondering if full allocation will just put the new torrents in an error state if it can't allocate enough space.
It is setup with ALLOCATION: USE FULL (default I guess, don't remember changing that)
Shryp wrote:Any reason you don't just download to the network to begin with vs copying when done? SD cards aren't meant to be written to over and over again.
I guess I rather hit the network and NAS all at once, moving the files, rather than block by block, and be at it for a long time. SD cards are cheap to replace, if that were the case; it has been working like this over 3 months now in my Raspberry Pi tor-box setup running Deluged, Deluged-Web, Jackett, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, and some packages I have installed for ease of use/maintenance. I work that Pi pretty hard, but it's a lot cheaper in electricity than my desktop.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Sorry, I looked around a bit and am not finding anything that would work. I thought there might be a ltconfig option, but looking through the libtorrent documentation, I am not seeing it right now.