Deluge on raspbian stretch 5.4

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
BillytheKid
New User
New User

Deluge on raspbian stretch 5.4

Post by BillytheKid »

Hello,

I was running deluge on a headless setup using raspberry pi and raspbian. Unfortunately my memory card crashed and I had to reinstall.

I installed deluge following the following guide: http://www.howtogeek.com/142044/how-to- ... rrent-box/
When starting deluge I get the following warning:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
import libtorrent as lt
and I can't see the deamon running when I run Deluge (1.3.15) on another device.

I also tried to install libtorrent using:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install python-libtorrent
(I have Python 3.6.0 installed) but that did not change anything.

Suggestions?

Cheers, Bill
boomclick

Re: Deluge on raspbian stretch 5.4

Post by boomclick »

on your pi, run python -c "import libtorrent; print libtorrent.version". do you have another version of libtorrent currently installed? are you running the thin client or webUI setup in that article? deluge and libtorrent can also have compatibility issues between versions, are you running the same versions of deluge and libtorrent on both devices?
BillytheKid
New User
New User

Post by BillytheKid »

Hi Boomclick,

could you explain how to execute the python command (yes, linux newbee ;)). Using

dpkg --list
I get the following versions:
deluge-common 1.3.13+git2016113 all bittorrent client written in Python/PyGTK (common files
deluge-console 1.3.13+git2016113 all bittorrent client written in Python/PyGTK (console ui)
deluge-web 1.3.13+git2016113 all bittorrent client written in Python/PyGTK (web ui)
deluged 1.3.13+git2016113 all bittorrent client written in Python/PyGTK (daemon)

libtorrent-rasterbar9 1.1.1-1 armhf C++ bittorrent library by Rasterbar Software
I'm running the rasterbar version of libtorrent as raspbian was unable to locate package libtorrent when I tried

sudo apt-get install libtorrent
I'm using the thin client on several windows sytems, all running deluge 1.3.15

Bill
boomclick

Post by boomclick »

i didn't catch any errors in the howtogeek guide, but i recommend using https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient instead. i found it to be more clear and comprehensive. the command i gave to run on the pi was

python -c "import libtorrent; print libtorrent.version"
, but your dpkg --list told me the libtorrent version anyway. i would check libtorrent version on the client machines to make sure it's the same one. i've run thin clients with mixed deluge versions like that, but not mixed libtorrent versions. note that iirc mixing deluge or libtorrent versions is not officially recommended. when you run deluged and get the above error, is deluged still running? you can check with htop or the ps command. How did your setup work before the crash? what kind of a crash do you mean? welcome to linux by the way. raspberry pi is fun.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

check my post, I think it will lead you to the solution :)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54869&p=227887&hili ... ch#p227887
BillytheKid
New User
New User

Post by BillytheKid »

Thanks Shamael, that was helpful but unfortunately no running deluge deamon yet. What I did:

I followed your guide so, uninstalling deluge, deluge-web, libtorrent etc. Then re-installing. When typing

sudo deluged
my pi seems busy for a while but I don't think the deamon is started, as

sudo deluge-console
results in this:
Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Connection refused
Suggestions?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

So at this time it's installed fine right? Best is now to go on with the service creation and it's dedicated user https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ce/systemd for automatic startup and isolation (and don't forget the auth modification of course, all in the wiki)

About your issue do you see the deluged process running (ps command or top)?
The Deluge config is per user (/.config/deluge) so if you haven't configured anything yet try with without the sudo under your logged user.
If the sudo is needed do "sudo bash" to logon as root and start the daemon/deluge-console.
Starting Deluged with the log output will be helpfull too (described during the systemd service creation you can pickup the line there)
BillytheKid
New User
New User

Post by BillytheKid »

Actually, I don't think deluge runs. What I did:

- Clear and re-install Raspbian using PyBakery
- install libssl and deluge as stated by shamael on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm
- sudo deluge / pkill deluge
- echo "alice:MyC0mpL3xPass:10" >> ~/.config/deluge/auth (with some replacements here ;) )
- deluge
- deluge-console

I got the same error:
Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Connection refused
and using ps command I don't see deluge running (also tried sudo deluge, same effect)
PID TTY TIME CMD
707 pts/0 00:00:02 bash
2112 pts/0 00:00:04 deluge-console
2477 pts/0 00:00:00 ps
any suggestions?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

I just made a test with a new profile (.config/deluge renamed). Just typing "deluged" is enough to have it reachable by deluge-console
Try to remove the profile of your user and just do these steps. the process is well present in top and ps command
if it crash at startup launch it with a log file (where you user have permission to write). Something like "deluged -l daemon.log -L debug"
(adapt path)
BillytheKid
New User
New User

Post by BillytheKid »

Issue solved (well, sort of) !

I installed deluge on a brand new model 3 B+ model using your tips and it worked and runs flawlessly.
Cloning the SD card, putting it in my old Pi model 1 (512 Mb) still doesn't work but I'm happy for now.

Thanks all!

Bill