[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
greatscott
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by greatscott »

galneon wrote:
galneon wrote:I'm experiencing frequent ThinClient disconnects. I've never had a single unexpected client disconnect in my years of using Deluge until I began using YaRSS2 a few days ago. Client version 1.3.13, python 2.7 using YaRSS2 1.4.3-2.7. The client runs on Windows 7, the server running the daemon is on Windows 8.1. I don't have any network problems and both connections are wired.
client disconnect.png
This disconnect occurs several times a day (twice in the last two hours). It happens regardless of if a secure feed is used or not. It doesn't occur if all of my subscriptions are disabled.
Have to ask one more time... Is no one else experiencing these disconnects from the daemon only when YaRSS2 is active? :/
I registered on this forum to second this. I have tried different seedboxes and indeed this plugin causes ThinClient to disconnect. However, it's especially obvious on slow and heavily IO loaded machine, while less an issue on machines with low loading or high speed IO.

Some yarss2 settings make it happen more frequently. Seems to have something to do with server loading.

At the time of disconnect, I saw /var/log/syslog has something similar to what's described here:
https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... io-failure
Last edited by greatscott on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greatscott
New User
New User

Post by greatscott »

egdod316 wrote:
bro wrote:
tafazzi87 wrote:there is a way to export my configuration and after that import on a new?
You mean copy the config to a new machine or config directory? The YaRSS2 config is stored in yarss2.conf in the deluge config directory. Just copy that file to the new destination.
Hello,
I made a copy of my yarss2.conf file. Then, after setting up deluge on another system, I tried copying it to the appropriate location. But, once I install the yarss2 plugin and restart the deluged service, the yarss2.conf file is restored to its defaults.
Is there a proper way to restore my .conf so I don't have to setup my subscriptions again?
You need to use the following sequence:
1. Stop Deluge daemon.
2. Overwrite the yarss2.conf
3. Start Deluge daemon.
4. [Might be unnecessary] Close and restart Deluge thin client.

Without stopping Deluge daemon first, the daemon will usually overwrite whatever yarss2.conf you copied with the old copy in memory.
monojo
New User
New User

Post by monojo »

nam66 wrote:Hi, my deluge is connected using socks5 proxy. Deluge works without problem but this plugin not. It seems, any website block by my ISP (eg: rarbg.to) is not bypass in yarss2 plugin. So i cant fetch any rss from torrent website. Although I already set deluge to use socks5 for all connection
I have the same problem, I want to run RSS through the proxy but YaRSS doesn't seem to use the Deluge proxy.
dimabro
New User
New User

Post by dimabro »

Hi,
There is a Deluge plugin that allows one to control it throw Telegram messenger.
Currently I am working on improving it and adding it a option to control YaRSS2 plugin, does this plugin is still supported if I need some API function? or should I just add them by myself? and if so will there be any one to approve my pull request?
thunder2k
New User
New User

Post by thunder2k »

Hi,
I've successfully installed and configured this plugin and when I manually run the subscription everything works perfectly, including sending emails on new torrents add.

However, I run the deluge as a daemon on a headless raspberry pi and I noticed that it doesn't work as it's supposed to, as last night the rss was updated with new links but they weren't added to downloads.

I tried to run the client from my windows laptop and I found that the plugin was disabled (not checked) from the plugin list. As soon as I enabled it back, the downloads started. I rebooted the PI a couple of times after the initial plugin configuration.

What should I check?

Thanks!
hakimtai
New User
New User

Post by hakimtai »

Hi everyone,

I am unable to download any torrent from yts.am. Plugin is returning error. it is still working with other sites like torrenting.com etc but not with yts
am running headless on raspberry pi. was working fine till 15th of this month then something changed it would be the site but i do not know who to configure deluge to that

I will be very grateful if anyone here as assist me. below is the error.

(2018-05-22T18:46:56): Fetching subscription 'YTS'.
(2018-05-22T18:46:56): Update handler executed on RSS Feed 'YTS (yts.am)' (Update interval 120 min)
(2018-05-22T18:46:56): Manually running Subscription 'YTS'
(2018-05-22T18:46:56): Fetching subscription 'YTS'.
(2018-05-22T18:46:56): Update handler executed on RSS Feed 'YTS (yts.am)' (Update interval 120 min)
(2018-05-22T18:47:06): bozo_exception when parsing rssfeed: <urlopen error timed out>
(2018-05-22T18:47:06): No items retrieved
(2018-05-22T18:47:06): bozo_exception when parsing rssfeed: <urlopen error timed out>
(2018-05-22T18:47:06): No items retrieved

Thanks

FINALLY found the solution it was DNS. You need to change the DNS of raspberry pi.

Ya thanks setting DNS server did the job.
For anyone looking /etc/resolv.conf editting did not work it goes back after restarting.
So sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
put
dns-nameservers 8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8
then
sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf.head
add
#OpenDns Servers
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

Ctrl+X then y
Here the link **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Last edited by hakimtai on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mizik
New User
New User

Post by mizik »

Hi,
I'm using YaRSS2 and something is really bothering me.
When my downloads are done, I move them somewhere else manually. But the next time YaRSS2 check for updates I guess, it RE downloads the moved files ...
any workaround ?
thanks in advance !
Glorfindel
New User
New User

Post by Glorfindel »

Hello,

Sorry if my question was already resolved, but here it is: How do i configure my subscriptions so that when an episode of a show comes out only 1 hit get's downloaded (i think that is smart episode filter in uTorrent). I have the regexes like this:

"Name.*720p"

But a lot of the time there are multiple 720p releases from different groups and I really don't care from which group i get the episode - if the file is broken or the video is bad, I will download it manually later, but this doesn't happen often).
Bababooey
New User
New User

Post by Bababooey »

greatscott wrote:
galneon wrote:
galneon wrote:I'm experiencing frequent ThinClient disconnects. I've never had a single unexpected client disconnect in my years of using Deluge until I began using YaRSS2 a few days ago. Client version 1.3.13, python 2.7 using YaRSS2 1.4.3-2.7. The client runs on Windows 7, the server running the daemon is on Windows 8.1. I don't have any network problems and both connections are wired.
client disconnect.png
This disconnect occurs several times a day (twice in the last two hours). It happens regardless of if a secure feed is used or not. It doesn't occur if all of my subscriptions are disabled.
Have to ask one more time... Is no one else experiencing these disconnects from the daemon only when YaRSS2 is active? :/
I registered on this forum to second this. I have tried different seedboxes and indeed this plugin causes ThinClient to disconnect. However, it's especially obvious on slow and heavily IO loaded machine, while less an issue on machines with low loading or high speed IO.

Some yarss2 settings make it happen more frequently. Seems to have something to do with server loading.

At the time of disconnect, I saw /var/log/syslog has something similar to what's described here:
https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... io-failure
I have the exact same problem. As long as the feeds are enabled, deluge disconnects from the remote daemon(on the local network) after a short period of time.
I like the plugin but I'm unable to use it as of now :(
iconoclasthero

Post by iconoclasthero »

tl;dr: Is there some way to get deluged on computer two to read the yarss2.conf from computer one or is this a fool's errand?

Good evening, I'm hoping to get some help with YaRSS2's yarss2.conf: I want to move the yarss2.conf file from computer one that has all feeds required and move it to computer two that does not yet have yarss2 set up. I tried to copy /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/yarss2.conf from computer one to computer two. I modified the destination directories to match the directory structure that exists on computer two (i.e. /library/torrent/downloading, etc.).

Here is the /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/yarss2.conf from computer two: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5rsSBY6gwg/. When I write this out from nano,

Code: Select all

^O
, drop to shell,

sudo service deluge force-reload
and reconnect to deluged from deluge-gtk, go to Plugins and select YaRSS2, hit rescan plugins, apply, the checkbox is now staying checked but when I go to YaRSS2, the options are empty and yarss2.conf has been changed to: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/qm9kPgXZJF/.

Is there some way to get deluged on computer two to read the yarss2.conf from computer one or is this a fool's errand?

Version information:

Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:		Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Release:			 16.04
Codename:		   xenial

-rw-r--r-- 1 deluge deluge 1146728 Aug 27 15:55 YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg

Python 2.7.12 (default, Dec  4 2017, 14:50:18) 
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2

deluged: 1.3.12
libtorrent: 1.0.7.0

deluged.service - Deluge Bittorrent Client Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/deluged.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-08-27 21:09:08 EDT; 7min ago
 Main PID: 12087 (deluged)
   CGroup: /system.slice/deluged.service
           └─12087 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/deluged -d -l /var/log/deluge/daemon.log -L warning

Aug 27 21:09:08 gigabyte systemd[1]: Stopped Deluge Bittorrent Client Daemon.
Aug 27 21:09:08 gigabyte systemd[1]: Started Deluge Bittorrent Client Daemon.