Deluge Hangs on Launch - Fastresume File Corrupted?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Geth

Re: Deluge Hangs on Launch - Fastresume File Corrupted?

Post by Geth »

Cas wrote:
Geth wrote:Today with ~15 torrents it stopped in the middle of checking of the fourth(?) torrent...
Can you isolate it to a single torrent? If you turn on debug logging you should be able to determine where it hangs.
I cannot isolate it to one single torrent. I'm quite sure it's not related to a specific type of torrent. Debug log just stops with saving or backing up resume file or something, when no other things are happening in the background. I just noted that it happened once also during checking.

What I've tried so far:
- play with cache size
- slightly downgrade boost (from 1.63 to 1.61), I couldn't change rblibtorrent version, only 1.0.9 is in the repo I'm using.

I'm back with my original configuration after wiping not only deluge, but it's every dependency (meaning python is also reinstalled from scratch). Right now it's working, meaning no hangs so far.

However (after the mentioned reinstall) I noticed that deluged sometimes not responding to SIGTERM even though not hanged at the time. If I have to SIGKILL it, then the next startup definitely hangs until I clear out state and restarts it.
But that not explains the sudden hangs long after startup.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Geth

Post by Geth »

Now it lasted a day with same 7 torrents with no operations on them, just periodically checking on them on the webUI... before it hanged.

I'll try to debug it with gdb, but not before the weekend, I expect.
Geth

Post by Geth »

Cas wrote:You can use gdb to run deluge and find out where it's locking up:

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Cont ... libtorrent
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2481 ... gram-stuck
I've attached gdb to deluge, dumped the backtrace, then took a quick look at it, and I saw Boost.Asio calls. Then searched with these new keywords and bam: https://github.com/pyca/pyopenssl/issues/551

Deluge + pyOpenSSL 16.1.0 (guess what version I have) + other things + SSL trackers = deadlock sooner or later.

I'll try to up/downgrade pyOpenSSL...

It's frustrating because it's relatively an old issue, and I'm thankful for pointing me in the right direction.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Excellent news, hope that is it!
Geth

Post by Geth »

Just a quick update.

Deluge is now running 2 and a half days straight with torrents seeding, new torrents added, etc, everything is fine, so at least in my case it was the wrong constellation of library versions causing the deadlock.

Current libs related (if anyone else using Entware-ng-3x repository):
deluge - 1.3.13
rblibtorrent - 1.0.9
python-pyopenssl - 16.0.0 (this is the downgraded, 16.1.0 is meh, at least in this combination)
libopenssl - 1.0.2k