Deluge Crashes Windows 10!

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
lifestyle

Deluge Crashes Windows 10!

Post by lifestyle »

Whenever Deluge 1.3.13 runs, Windows 10 crashes into the dreaded Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). I need to know how to solve this problem. Please help? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge Crashes Windows 10!

Post by Cas »

Try running in thinclient mode, so just deluged without gui to determine which part of deluge is triggering it.
lifestyle

Post by lifestyle »

How do I run deluged without GUI?
Are we trying to find out if the GUI is the culprit?
How do i know that the crash is Deluge only and not the combination factor of Windows 10 + Deluge + external hard disk drives?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

A shortcut to deluged is in start menu.

Actually trying to determine if it's libtorrent or GUI.

You would need to tell us if it's to do with external hard drives.
lifestyle

Post by lifestyle »

It is 3 September 2016 and I can confirm that Deluge still crashes Windows 10 to the blue screen of death.

How do I run just deluged? (cannot find it in start menu either)

Any other means of testing? Is there no other Windows 10 Deluge user here?

Windows 10 (version 10.0.14393 Build 14393)
Deluge (version 1.3.13)
kicken

Post by kicken »

I've been using Deluge on Windows 10 for a while now without any problems. I'm using version 1.3.12 in client/server mode. Server is running on my Windows 10 HTPC as a service. Each other PC connects as a client.
rizzoid

Post by rizzoid »

lifestyle wrote:It is 3 September 2016 and I can confirm that Deluge still crashes Windows 10 to the blue screen of death.
While my Windows 10 installation doesn't BSOD, it does crash immediately after drawing the UI (with the full executable), or immediately after running deluged, and thus figured I'd jump in here.
How do I run just deluged? (cannot find it in start menu either)
Hit Windows Key+S then type in 'deluge' and when it pops up in the menu, right click on it and select 'Open file location'. Once the new window pops up, scroll down and select 'deluged.exe'. It should run in a command window with some text output.
Any other means of testing? Is there no other Windows 10 Deluge user here?

Windows 10 (version 10.0.14393 Build 14393)
Deluge (version 1.3.13)
I didn't have any problems with 1.3.12, only 1.3.13. Try downgrading to the previous version and see if that resolves the issue, should you still be crashing after trying to run deluged directly. You can find the older one here: http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/?C=M;O=D

Good luck.