Suggestions and discussion of future versions
movax
New User
New User

[Feature request] WebUI: Torrent list filtering / searching

Post by movax »

Hi,

First off. Awesome program.

I would like to have a small search box at the top of webui, so I can restrict visibility to only torrent names partially matching given search keywords. Something like filter box in the "Transmission Web Interface", but possibly even better.

I cannot search really well using my browser search (Chromium and Vivaldi browser), for three reasons:

1) webui apparently loads / display some content of the table in a lazy way, and with more than few dozens of torrents, it doesn't search for anything other than what is seen on the screen. or maybe some iframe confuses it.

2) It searches using exact match of the substring. I would prefer a little less exact searching filtering. I.e. If I type "x265 game", it should still show "Game of Thrones (x265)", even if things are out of order. Some other forms of matching could be done.

3) Even if it find all what I want, and highlight parts of page containing search phrase, there is no way to easily select all torrent matching the searched criteria. I would like to filter only the torrent names I want, and once I see that all the torrents are visible, just select all of them using mouse, and do some group operations.

Thanks.
Shryp

Re: [Feature request] WebUI: Torrent list filtering / searching

Post by Shryp »

Are you able to use Thin Client instead of WebUI?
movax
New User
New User

Post by movax »

Sure I guess I can, but what is the point of webui then? I really like the webui for remote management.

I do have deluge-gtk on another computer, but I am not sure how to connect to different deamon actually using it. There is no exposed filtering in gtk ui either. There is generic table view searching using Ctrl-F from gtk, but it does searching (and poorly), not filtering.
bgoodr
New User
New User

Post by bgoodr »

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I moved to Deluge from Vuze due to the increasing level of crashes, but the one feature Vuze had that I used almost constantly was dynamic filtering for group operations. I am looking for this feature in the regular program that is installed in Ubuntu, not the web ui (I guess that is the Gtk version).

Is this something that could be implemented as a plugin?
DesktopMan

Post by DesktopMan »

This is absolutely the feature I miss the most in the web UI. It's currently very difficult to look for specific torrents without a simple text filter/search function.
New User
New User

Post by 7425234 »

Search feature for WebUI is very much needed. As said in the first post, apparently only the currently visible torrents can be found when using the browser's search.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

As workaround for filter/searching, use for that task deluge-console or GTK-UI from deluge v2.0 beta(the latter you can also have separately installed with virtualenv). No reason really to limit yourself to webUI when the other UIs also supports "client/server" architecture(thinclient) ;)

I do agree it would be nice to have filtering in webUI also of course.
S74R
New User
New User

Post by S74R »

People have been asking for this for past 10 years.
It's a simple word filter. I'm sure it wouldn't take you guys more than 30min to create it.
I'll even donate money if you guys finish this.
mr.lite.touch
New User
New User

Post by mr.lite.touch »

I would suggest that rather than a simple search like the thin client has, would be to introduce a "filter" feature instead which would only show torrents that match your filter. This is a much better visual indicator that you have or have not found something with your search term. A good example would be the "transmission remote GUI" client - https://github.com/transmission-remote-gui/transgui