Deluge available in MacPorts

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Deluge available in MacPorts

Post by zachtib »

I've just gotten word that the folks over at MacPorts have gotten Deluge running on OS X.

You can install it with:

Code: Select all

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install deluge
Assuming, of course, that you have MacPorts installed already.
Former Deluge Developer
eisa01
New User
New User

Re: Deluge available in MacPorts

Post by eisa01 »

Cool, I just installed it, and it seems to work fine. However it missed one dependency, dbus-python25, so I had to add that manually. And to get it to launch, I had to have x11 open.

edit: Got an error message about "external command xdg-open not found" when I double clicked a file in the file tab. Also, are you supposed to be able to choose what files you download? Haven't managed to do that yet, might have to do with right-clicking not seeming to work.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

eisa01 wrote:Cool, I just installed it, and it seems to work fine. However it missed one dependency, dbus-python25, so I had to add that manually. And to get it to launch, I had to have x11 open.

edit: Got an error message about "external command xdg-open not found" when I double clicked a file in the file tab. Also, are you supposed to be able to choose what files you download? Haven't managed to do that yet, might have to do with right-clicking not seeming to work.
xdg-open is provided by xdg-utils package on most systems. not sure what it's called in macports. and yes, if you enable the torrentfiles plugin, you can choose which files to download or not download
eisa01
New User
New User

Post by eisa01 »

Ok, I had actually enabled the plugin, but there still was no way of choosing files.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

eisa01 wrote:Ok, I had actually enabled the plugin, but there still was no way of choosing files.
you right click on a file in the file tab and select "dont download"
eisa01
New User
New User

Post by eisa01 »

That's what I tried, but right clicking didn't work. I don't know if this applies just to me, so until then it's hard to say if it's my setup or not.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

eisa01 wrote:That's what I tried, but right clicking didn't work. I don't know if this applies just to me, so until then it's hard to say if it's my setup or not.

well, as of now, the OS X port is very unofficial, much more so than the Windows port. None of the devs (to my knowledge) have installed Deluge on OS X, and so there's likely a good number of bugs in it.
Former Deluge Developer
guido
New User
New User

Post by guido »

A pair of patches have been committed and now the Deluge port is working fine.

The dependency on dbus-python25 has been added and the use of the versioned
binary "python2.5" has been forced in common.py: instead of the "python" 1.3 provided
by Apple, the MacPorts' python own version is launched now and the xdg module is found.
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

Hey, I installed deluge with macports and think everything went fine but its just one thing... how do you start it up? Im totally lost, do you have to type something in the terminal everytime you want to run deluge?
astr0b0y

Post by astr0b0y »

fancyclown wrote:Hey, I installed deluge with macports and think everything went fine but its just one thing... how do you start it up? Im totally lost, do you have to type something in the terminal everytime you want to run deluge?
Open X11, and if you have added the correct directory to your path you can just type 'deluge'. If not, type /opt/local/bin/deluge .

I have installed this on OS X 10.4 server and it is running very well, far superior to any other client I have tried in terms of low memory and processor footprint.

Can anyone comment on the possibility of the being ported/built to have a native Mac GUI and not have to run in an X Windows environment?