Speed Issue

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Kyle1836
New User
New User

Speed Issue

Post by Kyle1836 »

Hello friends!

I have recently switched from uTorrent 3.4.5 (previously was using uTorrent 3.4.4 without any issues). With the new update of uTorrent, I have been getting VERY slow speeds with the same settings. I have decided to switch to Deluge since I like the classic interface and prefer that it's open source. However, I am not getting much better download speed with Deluge. I have a roughly 10Mbit/s download speed and a less than 1Mbit/s upload speed. I have limited the upload speed to 1KiB/s but notice it effects my download speed. I do have "Rate Limit IP OverHead" unchecked, as I did with uTorrent before it stopped working. I get about 150KiB/s-500KiB/s sometimes it goes up to 700-800KiB/s but very rarely. I do use a VPN, using the SSTP protocol (built in with Windows). Any recommendations so I can get better download speed at the very least?

Thanks!
Kyle1836
New User
New User

Re: Speed Issue

Post by Kyle1836 »

I just wanted to inform everyone I believe I have found a fix. I notice Deluge adds two exceptions in the Windows Firewall, but only for inbound. I have decided to make port 9999 (for outgoing/upload) instead of using the random ports option. I then added the main Deluge program in the "Program Files (x86)" in the outbound area and allowed the connection. I then was playing around with the upload/download speed scenario, and found that 5KiB/s would be too much and restrict the download speed greatly because I am on a VPN. While on a VPN, it is common that the more upload speed you are using, it usually slows down your download speed. I set it to 3KiB/s and I seem to get my normal speeds that I have gotten with uTorrent (with the exception of the occasional drop to 700KiB/s). I also installed the plugin 'LtConfig' and made sure the "rate_limit_ip_overhead" was unchecked, and also made sure that it was unchecked in Deluge itself. I do use a VPN, to be exact it's SSTP protocol with 256-AES encryption. I hope this helps the community!