Deluge connected, will download and then slow to a stop

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
thornside
New User
New User

Deluge connected, will download and then slow to a stop

Post by thornside »

I was using 1.3.6 and everything was fine for a while until it started to stop downloading. When I first start it up, the downloads work fine but then they slow down until they finally stop. If I close it down, Deluged won't stop and I have to kill it resulting in a recheck of all my torrents. Running Ubuntu 14.04 with a SOCKS5 proxy(PIA). Also, check the ports - using UnP and everything looks ok. I tried updating to 1.3.7 and that didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled deluged - no luck there.

I'm at a loss here.
thornside
New User
New User

Re: Deluge connected, will download and then slow to a stop

Post by thornside »

Other info: Ok, since I had to force close Deluged, all of my torrents needed to be rechecked. About 20 minutes in and it freezes doing that as well as stops downloading. If I try to shut down Deluge, deluged keeps running.

Ubuntu 14.04
libtorrent: 0.16.17.0
Deluge 1.3.7
supeer
New User
New User

Post by supeer »

I have this same Problem - running deluge 1.3.9 on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
ratzeputz

Post by ratzeputz »

I'm not sure if this is connected to this issue: I had similar issues(stated in post #2) after upgrading to >1.3.6 on debian wheezy too: Sponaneous non reproducable deluge crashes, unclear situation where deluge stopped downloading torrents (showing extremly high values for protocol traffic in webif), ...

I had some apt-get related problems regarding dependencies of libtorrent-rasterbar (wasn't able to upgrade it using the deluge-ppa).

I then compiled libtorrent myself following http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Building/libtorrent. Since then everything seems fine, no crashes and errors. Maybe this will help somebody else experiencing "weird" behavior.

Info:
no proxy

Code: Select all

deluged: 1.3.10
libtorrent: 1.0.2.0
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

I'm getting the same errors, stops downloading and no response on close, requires a forced kill.

Windows 7 64
Client: 1.3.10
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0
nuke

Post by nuke »

I'm getting the exact same error.

System: Arch
Client extra/1.3.10
libtorrent-rasterbar: extra/ 1:0.16.17

I have a deluged.service and a deluge-web.service enabled and running on my root server.

Started downloads will work for a while, but after some time deluge just stops downloading.
Meanwhile deluged is going crazy on my cpu. htop sometimes displays values of 800% cpu load ( don't know where this comes from).
Netstat -at is showing lots of established and waiting connections. Everything looks quite fine over here.
dstat shows pretty normal values as well (50-100k up/down at 1000 torrents), if you assume that there should only be protocol traffic. Even the web-interface shows that I'm connected to several seeds, but deluge just doesn't download.
Restarting deluged with "sudo systemctl restart deluged.service" takes a really long time ( about 3-10 mins), but afterwards everything is working fine for some time again.

This problem only appears if there are downloads running. Seeding works flawlessly until now.
Hope this will help

greez nuke
rusking

Post by rusking »

Did anyone find a solution to this, I hate restarting my sever/deluge every few minutes to download for a few minutes.

headless all the way
rusking

Post by rusking »

Should i downgrade? if so what version is this not a problem?
scoobynz

Post by scoobynz »

What fixed this for me was to install ltconfig plugin and select the high performance preset setting.
rusking

Post by rusking »

Thankyou very much, I will try that now