Requesting Plugins... Automatic Rearrange Torrent queue

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
RaionTek
New User
New User

Requesting Plugins... Automatic Rearrange Torrent queue

Post by RaionTek »

I was actually looking for a plugin that would automatically rearrange the torrent library according to user specifications. Like for example, I would like mine rearrange so that the torrent file with the smallest size gets to be on the top of the queue and the largest at the last. also looking for some \thing that would work with the plugin Label so that each label will have it's own queue. so that whichever is selected would be the one arranged by auto queue rearrange plugin. Is this possible?
dryploefo
New User
New User

Re: Requesting Plugins... Automatic Rearrange Torrent queue

Post by dryploefo »

I don't think downloading order matters to the queue, only what can fit into the number of concurrent torrents specified in the settings. I could be wrong, but when I wrote the Prioritize plugin, it didn't seem to matter so all it does is re-arrange based on seed availability.

As for the labeling, I might be able to accomodate that in the Priority plugin if no one else writes one. How do you imagine it would work?
RaionTek
New User
New User

Post by RaionTek »

well, I was thinking, if for example, I have 5 labels, each label will have it's own queue. for example label "Games" with 5 torrents will have torrent A at #1, torrent B at #2, torrent C at # 3, torrent D at #4 and torrent E at number 5. Label "Documents" with 3 torrent files will have torrent F at #1, torrent G at #2 and torrent H at #3. so if I click on the label from the side bar, I will see this kind of arrangement. Then, if I resume all torrents from Label "Games" and label "Documents", assuming my number of active torrents is more than 1 in settings(preferences), Torrent A and Torrent F should be downloading. I know this sounds difficult, but I hope it's not Impossible.

About my requested plugin that would rearrange by size, I guess it's impossible then? at the moment, I have 704 torrents queued, If I click on "Size" on the column bar I am able to see evrything from smallest to largest. Thin is the queue numbers are jumbled, so I scroll down to the bottom and right click on the last torrent, then I select queue>Top. Afterwards, I right click on the second to the last file and do the same thing (queue>Top), and do the same thing on the other torrents going up. But this seems to be a little burden, that's why I was looking for an easier way to do it.
dryploefo
New User
New User

Post by dryploefo »

If I understand correctly, if you have 10 available download slots and 20 torrents (meaning 10 are queued) and you have 4 labels, each with 5 torrents: A, B, C, D. Assuming A and C have priority, that would mean A and C are able to download while B and D are not (queued). Assuming some kind of setting for each label that changes their own sub-queues, for instance A has 2 download slots. So the list would look like this:

1) A
2) A
3) C
8) C
9) B
10) B
11+ queued

Am I correct in understanding that's what you mean by their own queues? The above wouldn't be difficult, but not entirely intuitive from a UI perspective.

As for your second point, it seems like you just want the list ordered for aesthetic purposes. The order of the download slots doesn't seem to matter, i.e. #1 in the list doesn't seem to download any faster than #10 (assuming 10 download slots as in the above example). I don't know that solving that particular issue would be something beneficial as it adds complexity beyond what I have time to do for my plugin. Perhaps someone else could take a stab at it?

I'll look into the sub-queue idea. I find it interesting, at least if my understanding of your need is correct. I do have situations where it would be nice to know that my download slots can be divided further by a label and to ensure the download slots are always doing something.
RaionTek
New User
New User

Post by RaionTek »

you got the sub-queue idea perfectly well. Although, for the second point, I was actually just looking for a way to rearrange the queue, like "rearrange by size", "rearrange by number of seeders" or "rearrange alphabetically". :)
RaionTek
New User
New User

Post by RaionTek »

first, I'd like to say thanks for looking into this. However, I have decided I am NOT going to use deluge ever again. I WILL stay away from this stupid torrent client forever. I never realized there was an option that would delete torrents once copied, a feature that could easily go unnoticed, and it's a very stupid feature to add on a torrent client. Today I noticed that about a hundred torrents from my torrent queue of 700 files have gone missing. So I tried to find all the torrents from %appdata% to backup copies. I added them to the list of auto-add, and then everything started getting worse. All the torrents went missing. now I'm down to tons of partial downloads without torrents, so I can't resume them. I had a hard time collecting these torrents and you can't say "just go download the links again". 1st, that will be a real pain, 2nd, that's near impossible because these were random sites I visited, not sites I memorize and visit often, come to think of it, visiting 700 links again?? ARe you freaking kidding me. Looks like this has been a bug that has been going on but the developers are not even looking into this. I will never recommend this software, ever again, and now I'm on a mission to start warning people of this horror... I hope this client get's banned soon. Goodby deluge.. your a freaking messed up client.