Runtime Error

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Hmm

Runtime Error

Post by Hmm »

Hey guys,

In order to save some bandwidth on our website we wanted to seed a few of our free files, we are all noobs to the world of torrents,
But I wanted to stay with open source software.

No problems on W7 64bit and a few linux distros we use, but our main bandwidth is on a Windows XP sp3 machine - fully updated, idle, does nothing except serve files.
The owner will not move to linux or W7, I remote admin to them all.

So, on the XP machine we get the error:
"run time error - application requested to terminate in an unusual way" - or somin similar to that, with no error number,
After about 10-20mins or so of operation.

Had a look on Google, nothing really helped, we had all necessary MS packs/files,
We really liked Deluge, but have already moved to Qbittorrent, which I understood is actually based on Deluge, so I really don't get it, but I am no *nix guru.

Anyhow, just wanted to "help" in what little way I could and report our experience with Deluge,
If anyone wants me to chase up a .log file someplace, will do so asap.

Cheers.
pwhodges
New User
New User

Re: Runtime Error

Post by pwhodges »

Hmm wrote:So, on the XP machine we get the error:
"run time error - application requested to terminate in an unusual way" - or somin similar to that, with no error number,
After about 10-20mins or so of operation.
I get exactly this when running Deluge in Classic mode on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64.

However, when I changed to client-server mode, running the daemon as a service, the daemon keeps running fine, but the GUI program still crashes with the same error. On one occasion, I started deluge-gtk for the GUI (as opposed to just deluge.exe), and instead of crashing, it leaked memory to the extent that it had committed over 4GB after an hour or so (the machine has 3GB physical, so this was a big deal!)