Daemon has become untouchable seemingly for no reason.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Redsandro

Daemon has become untouchable seemingly for no reason.

Post by Redsandro »

I had Deluge set up nice and easy as a daemon. I could connect from GTK and from Web. Flexget did most of the work.

No problems and no updates later, all of a sudden I cannot connect to the deamon anymore. Not even with a daemon restart. Not through web or GTK client. Not Flexget.

Flexget output:

Code: Select all

2013-04-06 16:13 VERBOSE  details       MyStuff        Summary - Accepted: 1 (Rejected: 23 Undecided: 690 Failed: 0)
2013-04-06 16:13 INFO     deluge        MyStuff        Connecting to daemon at localhost:58846..
2013-04-06 16:13 INFO     deluge        MyStuff        Connected to daemon at 127.0.0.1:58846..
2013-04-06 16:13 ERROR    deluge        MyStuff        RPCError Message Received!\n--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\nRPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, *this*password*is*probably*secret*)\n--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 259, in dispatch\n    ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)\n  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 93, in authorize\n    raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")\n\nBadLoginError: Password does not match\n--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013-04-06 16:13 INFO     deluge        MyStuff        Connection lost to daemon at localhost:58846 reason: Connection was closed cleanly.
2013-04-06 16:13 CRITICAL deluge        MyStuff        Could not connect to deluge daemon
2013-04-06 16:13 INFO     task          MyStuff        Aborting task (plugin: deluge)
Especially the RPCError error is interesting:

Code: Select all

Message Received!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPCRequest: daemon.login(localclient, *this*password*is*probably*secret*)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 259, in dispatch
      ret = component.get("AuthManager").authorize(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/authmanager.py", line 93, in authorize
      raise BadLoginError("Password does not match")

BadLoginError: Password does not match
I changed the password here for silly reasons, but I verified that it is still exactly the same as the one in /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/auth (home of my deluge user).

Also, equally suddenly, the web interface had reset its password to the default one without giving me a chance to change it. This is probably related rather than coincidental. But the web interface password is unrelated to the deluge auth password.

I am confused. Any clues on how to fix this?