[Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
CITS
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Label Plus (Updated 2013-02-26)

Post by CITS »

I really like the labels and sublabels provided by this plugin. Works flawlessly with Deluge 1.3.5 on my WinXP Box.

My problems started when setting up on a Centos 6 box... The plugin installs OK, but when I go to create a label, as soon as I try to enter any text to create the new label, Deluge crashes without any error message and I have to start it again. This crash happens 100% of the time so have been unable to create any labels. Everything else in Deluge is working OK, uploading, downloading etc.

I'm a Linux noob, so don't know where to look to try and debug this. Any ideas?

Is there a better Linux Distro I can use that works with LabelPlus?

Thanks
Laurie
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I imagine it is to do with gtk as it looks like gtk 2.18 is default for Centos 6, try testing with Ubuntu live cd.
CITS
New User
New User

Post by CITS »

Cas wrote:I imagine it is to do with gtk as it looks like gtk 2.18 is default for Centos 6, try testing with Ubuntu live cd.
Thanks Cas. Installed latest Ubuntu (12.10) and Label Plus is working without the Crash.

Laurie
Ashes
New User
New User

Post by Ashes »

EDIT: Just noticed this was already fixed in the Git repository. I'll get the plugin from there, but it might be worth it updating the download in the initial post.

I don't think the tracker auto-labeling works as expected. As far as I can notice, only the first line is checked to see if it matches the torrent's tracker. Here's an example scenario:
  • I have torrents from AwesomeMovieTracker and BetterMovieTracker, none of them have any label at the moment.
  • I create a new label called Movies, enable auto-label settings, set it to match by Tracker and put AwesomeMovieTracker in the first line and BetterMovieTracker in the second. I also make sure it applies to existing torrents
  • Torrents from AwesomeMovieTracker get properly labeled with the label Movies, but torrents from BetterMovieTracker are ignored.
  • If I now switch the text in the auto-label settings around so that BetterMovieTracker is on the first line and AwesomeMovieTracker is on the second, the torrents from BetterMovieTracker will be labeled properly, but the torrents from AwesomeMovieTracker are going to be ignored.
oakleez
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Label Plus (Updated 2013-02-15)

Post by oakleez »

Unfortunately, it doesn't do regexes. I read that the Python 2.x standard regex library has issues with unicode regexes (mainly non-latin languages), so rather than having people complain that it doesn't work in some cases, I opted for simple case sensitive matching. If you really want regexes, I will consider adding it.

How autolabel works: Each line should be a group of case sensitive terms that must appear (all terms must match) in the tracker names or torrent name (this is only the main name, not individual file names contained in the torrent). You can have multiple lines and if any of the lines match, the torrent is given that label. If multiple labels have the same terms, then the torrent is given the first label that is tested and matched. This is a bit unpredictable, so it's best not to use the same (or overlapping) terms.

Your example: In the label options, you would first enable all the download options needed for move completed and set the directory to "e:\downloads\sample". (Side note: the parent directory of a top level label is the "Download to" directory that was set in Deluge preferences in the "Downloads" section.) Then go to the autolabel tab, select the torrent name option, and enter "sample" in the box. All new torrents with "sample" in their names will now be given the label and when they are finished downloading, they will be moved to "e:\downloads\sample". If you also want it to match "SAMPLE" (all caps), you would have to add it on a separate line in the box.

I'm having a rough time getting this thing going. The one feature I was missing in uTorrent (windows) was to be able to add labels and put them into folders based on tracker. I googled around and found Deluge and this plugin, but I'm having a couple issues. Basically the preferences sections that are relevant here are: Downloads, Label Plus, and Move Tools... right?

Under Downloads:
I assume that I should turn OFF "move completed to" if I plan on using Label Plus to move things around, right? I also have "download to:" set to d:\deluge\download

Under Label Plus General:
What does "'move complete when label path changes" do?

Under Default Label Options:
I've enabled download settings, and move completed to is set to "label based subfolder".

Under AutoLabel:
I have it set to match torrents by tracker and for testing purposes only have 1 thing in the text box. We'll say it's "tracker1.net" without the quotes.

Is there something I am missing here? I'd like all torrents from tracker1.net to be labeled "books" and then downloaded to my default folder in a subfolder of /tracker1.net/.
I guess I don't see how or where I tell Label Plus to assign the label "books" to tracker1.net.

With my current setup, completed downloads are dumped into c:\program files (x86)\deluge\data folder which is not part of any of my download folder settings.

Move Tools is installed and has the default values of -1 for success and error.

Any ideas? Thanks, guys.
oakleez
New User
New User

Post by oakleez »

Ashes wrote:EDIT: Just noticed this was already fixed in the Git repository. I'll get the plugin from there, but it might be worth it updating the download in the initial post.

Is 0.2.16 the latest? I don't see anything newer in the git repository.... I guess I do see the fix but no mention if it's included in 0.2.16 or not. Do you have an updated 2.6 egg you could post somewhere for us?
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] Label Plus (Updated 2013-02-15)

Post by Ratanak »

Sorry, I have been away from Deluge plugin development for a bit.

0.2.16 is the latest release, but the latest code has a fix for auto labeling with multiple trackers. I'll update the egg soon.
oakleez wrote: I'm having a rough time getting this thing going. The one feature I was missing in uTorrent (windows) was to be able to add labels and put them into folders based on tracker. I googled around and found Deluge and this plugin, but I'm having a couple issues. Basically the preferences sections that are relevant here are: Downloads, Label Plus, and Move Tools... right?

Under Downloads:
I assume that I should turn OFF "move completed to" if I plan on using Label Plus to move things around, right? I also have "download to:" set to d:\deluge\download
Yes, move completed should be turned off in your Deluge preferences. "Download to" should be set to the root of your downloads. This is what a label considers the parent path if the label has no parent.
Under Label Plus General:
What does "'move complete when label path changes" do?
This option is for cases where a change to Label Plus options for a label would cause the path to change as well. It will automatically move your files to the newly generated path. E.g. You have a label "Movies" which is set to be stored in "C:\Movies" because it uses "label based subfolder". Then you rename the label to "Movie". Normally, all existing torrent data will remain in "C:\Movies", but with the option enabled, all torrent data under the label would be moved to "C:\Movie" to reflect the name change. The option will also cause torrents to be moved when their label changes.

This option is made available for cases where it might be inconvenient to have the data moved automatically (e.g. the paths are on different hard drives).
Under Default Label Options:
I've enabled download settings, and move completed to is set to "label based subfolder".

Under AutoLabel:
I have it set to match torrents by tracker and for testing purposes only have 1 thing in the text box. We'll say it's "tracker1.net" without the quotes.

Is there something I am missing here? I'd like all torrents from tracker1.net to be labeled "books" and then downloaded to my default folder in a subfolder of /tracker1.net/.
I guess I don't see how or where I tell Label Plus to assign the label "books" to tracker1.net.

With my current setup, completed downloads are dumped into c:\program files (x86)\deluge\data folder which is not part of any of my download folder settings.

Move Tools is installed and has the default values of -1 for success and error.

Any ideas? Thanks, guys.
If you added the tracker to the auto label tab of the label "books", then you've already told Label Plus to assign all torrents with tracker1.net to "books". It should be noted that if you want the label to be applied to existing torrents then you want to check "Apply to existing torrents" in the auto label tab. This option is a single use option that gets reset after being applied once. Normally, only new torrents are considered by the auto labeling system.

You said your Deluge preference "download to" was set to "d:\deluge\download". If you use "label based subfolder", assuming the "books" label is a top level label (has no parent label), then the resulting path is "d:\deluge\download\books". If you want it to instead be in "d:\deluge\download\tracker1.net\books" then you could choose the "folder" option and manually select that path. Alternatively, you can make a parent label called "tracker1.net" and have "books" be a sublabel.

Hope this helped.
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] Label Plus (Updated 2013-07-31)

Post by Ratanak »

Version 0.2.17 has been uploaded.

It features some fixes and a new "Go to Label" option in the torrent menu. You use it by right clicking on a labeled torrent and then go: Label Plus -> Go to Label. The torrent's label will then be selected in the sidebar so you can easily view all other torrents under that label. If you have tons of labels like I do, then this should make navigation a little easier.
xencored
New User
New User

Post by xencored »

Can't get this or Move tools to install on windows 8 :(

Deluge 1.3.6
Umbra
New User
New User

Post by Umbra »

Can you add relative download locations?