Deluge rocks!

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Owen Bishop

Deluge rocks!

Post by Owen Bishop »

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has put they're time into writing this awesome bittorrent client for linux! I love it. I wonder if the developers have tried uTorrent, which I used to use on windows. It is the best bittorrent client I have ever used, and possibly a good model for future updates to deluge ;) Rock on.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge rocks!

Post by markybob »

Owen Bishop wrote:First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has put they're time into writing this awesome bittorrent client for linux! I love it. I wonder if the developers have tried uTorrent, which I used to use on windows. It is the best bittorrent client I have ever used, and possibly a good model for future updates to deluge ;) Rock on.
i have used utorrent, and i agree that it's a great client. in fact, prior to working on deluge, i used utorrent on linux via wine. now i've been working hard on making deluge just as good and i'm proud to say that i've stopped using utorrent and use deluge exclusively. i hope that you do the same :)
CasbahBoy
New User
New User

Post by CasbahBoy »

Hey everybody, I registered to post this ;)

I am extremely happy to see this kind of rapid development on any OSS project, let alone a torrent client that I have found is turning into something that fits what I've imagined to be my ideal torrent client since I switched to Gentoo a few months ago. I want to thank all of you developers and contributers for making Deluge what it is today so quickly!
F for Fragging

Post by F for Fragging »

I share the opinion. I'm extremely glad that 0.5.1 already has UPnP support, instead of a later release which was the original plan. As of 0.5.1, Deluge is a very useful Bittorrent client for me, and IMHO equal to uTorrent which I use on Windows. You guys did a great job. As soon as the Windows port is released, I'll use it on Windows too, to replace the closed-source uTorrent.
Tares

Post by Tares »

markybob wrote:
Owen Bishop wrote:First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has put they're time into writing this awesome bittorrent client for linux! I love it. I wonder if the developers have tried uTorrent, which I used to use on windows. It is the best bittorrent client I have ever used, and possibly a good model for future updates to deluge ;) Rock on.
i have used utorrent, and i agree that it's a great client. in fact, prior to working on deluge, i used utorrent on linux via wine. now i've been working hard on making deluge just as good and i'm proud to say that i've stopped using utorrent and use deluge exclusively. i hope that you do the same :)
Thank you for deluge. It's just awesome now. Finally I can stop using wine+uTorrent ;-)
stewacide
New User
New User

Post by stewacide »

Love this project as well. I've been using Azureus on my memory-constrained Ubuntu server (laptop user primarily so use that for torrents), but it was a memory hog and a tad unstable on Linux. Near as I can tell Deluge is THE native torrent client for Linux, and looks beautiful in Gnome to boot. The pace of development is also incredible. I eagerly await a web interface, but will happily do without in the meantime.

I commend the developers particularly for making this a first-class Gnome app.