System-tray icon - display info?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
mingle
New User
New User

System-tray icon - display info?

Post by mingle »

Is it possible to make the Deluge system tray icon either display some sort of
info regarding upload/download rates (possibly via mouseover)?

Currently it's just a very drab-looking grey 'raindrop'...

Maybe even make it 'fill-up' with a colour (blue?) to represent download-rates?

I'm running Linux Mint 13 Xfce.

Cheers,

Mike.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: System-tray icon - display info?

Post by johnnyg »

It currently shows up/down rate on mouse-over.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I am afraid none of the indicators in ubuntu will show any mouse over info. I have been working on improvements to it to be able to display options next to the icon but progress is pretty slow atm. A fill up of the icon is an interesting idea and I'll see if that’s feasible.

If you want the functionality that johnnyg is referring you will need to disable application indicator in preferences and then you will need to whitelist it: http://www.tautvidas.com/blog/2012/05/e ... ot-04-lts/
johnny808

Post by johnny808 »

I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 and loving Deluge.

That's the feature I miss the most to be able to see global upload/download speeds without having to open the GUI.

On Ubuntu 13.10, mouse over doesn't seem to work with the deluge icon up in the system bar. Another way to do it, would be to display that info next to the Deluge icon in the system bar, the same way the interface option "Show session speed in titlebar" displays it in the titlebar.

Another idea maybe, is to display the session speed in the launcher icon. But, I don't know how feasible that is.

Thanks.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I'm aware that you can update the Launcher to display a counter or live update the quicklist but not sure how useful that is compared to clicking on indicator with those details or as I described showing the speeds next to the icon.