Auto-Scrolling/Window Resizing

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
TechN9ne1730

Auto-Scrolling/Window Resizing

Post by TechN9ne1730 »

I run Deluge on a Debian Squeeze box but then manage it as a thin client from with in Windows. It seems in Deluge 1.3.4(server and/or Client) or 1.3.5(Client) an auto scroll feature was added. What I mean is if I move my mouse cursor towards the bottom of what is visible in the active list, the window starts scrolling all by itself. I am unable to replicate it all the time, but when it happens it is extremely annoying. If this is an intentional feature, it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

Also, I have noticed that at vertain times in 1.3.5, when I try to bring up the Window for Deluge, it believes it is maximized, even though it really isnt. This forces me to click the "Restore down" button, then Maximize button to bring it back up to a full maximized side window. I suspect this may actually be the root of the first problem).

I am using libtorrent: 0.15.10.0.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Auto-Scrolling/Window Resizing

Post by Cas »

The first issue is possibly a gtk bug as we did not change anything in Deluge.

The maximise issue may be related to a recent change johnnyg made but would need looked into. If you create a ticket and set it to 1.3.6 milestone we won't forget about it.
dork742

Post by dork742 »

I am using Deluge client 1.3.5 on a Windows 7 x64 box and I am also having the same issue with the window scrolling by itself.

I haven't noticed any of the maximize issue on my system.
JAnderton

Post by JAnderton »

I'm having the same auto-scrolling issue and the re-sizing issue. When I have deluge minimized to tray and I click it to get it on screen, it thinks it's maximized but it's stuck to the top of the screen and not really maximized. I have to restore and then maximize it.

Deluge: 1.3.5

Let me know if there is other information required to get to the bottom of this. Both of them are GUI defects but irritating ones at that :(
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Unfortunately, It's an upstream bug: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2102
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I actually have found a fix for the autoscrolling bug and will be included in 1.3.6. The problem is caused by attempting to drag and drop torrents in the main window and the workaround for now is to drag and drop any torrent outside the area of the main window, nothing will happen to the torrent but it should stop the mouse autoscrolling.
PaulBags

Post by PaulBags »

Hi, I'm getting the same maximise problem. I'm using windows 7 ultimate, the installer I downloaded was deluge-1.3.6-win32-py2.7-lt0.16.8.exe. This happens on a fresh install.
PaulBags

Post by PaulBags »

I think I found a bit of a work around for the maximise issue. Try dragging out the window to take up the whole desktop unmaximised, then maximise the window. Now you should be able to close it, open it again from the tray, and presto it's maximised. I haven't tested if this will survive a restart, but it survived quitting deluge (with the daemon still running in the background).

The window is acting like it's maximised but taking up the same area that it was previously occupying unmaximised, in the upper left corner. I tried making it a certain size in the middle of the screen, minimised to tray, and brought back up again and it was in the upper left.
tute123456
New User
New User

Post by tute123456 »

thanks to @PaulBags What I did was put the deluge in the center of the desktop, then maximize, close directly from the X, reopen and open perfectly in full window, even works after restarting the PC