Magnet Links and Deluge WebUI/Console [SOLVED]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
dimday

Magnet Links and Deluge WebUI/Console [SOLVED]

Post by dimday »

Hi.

I have a headless ubuntu server which I run deluged (v1.3.3-0) on. To interact with this remotely I use either deluge-webui and/or deluge-console. Piratebay recently removed all torrents from its site and now only uses magnet links. Unfortunately, neither deluge-webui nor deluge-console support adding magnet urls.

I've seen that ticket #1259 (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1259) addresses this issue for deluge-webui but is unfortunately only included in v1.3.4. Is there a plan to release 1.3.4 as stable soon so the general public can update to it or is there some other workaround to this?
Last edited by dimday on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Magnet Links and Deluge WebUI/Console

Post by Cas »

It should be released very soon but deluge-console does already supports adding magnet uris
dimday

Re: Magnet Links and Deluge WebUI/Console

Post by dimday »

Thanks. I just tried the magnet uri with deluge-console's add command and it worked!

Good to hear about the upcoming release. Keep up the good work!
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

magnet link in webui

Post by abubin »

I uses webui exclusively. Major torrent site have removed torrent files. Now, I can't download torrents because magnet is not supported in webui yet. Is there anyway I can make the webui works with magnet links?
waeking

Magnet links?

Post by waeking »

Bump. Very interested too
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Magnet links?

Post by johnnyg »

I'm not sure why you resurrected this old thread seeing there's a much more recent one which has been marked as solved.
Anyway, magnet links have been added to the web ui in version 1.3.4: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1259
waeking

Re: Magnet Links and Deluge WebUI/Console [SOLVED]

Post by waeking »

I install 1.39 dev from the deluge git and I still cannot magnetic urls to start. they can download and appear in the webui but will not start. For those of you on Fedora 16 you will need to install these for dependencies

Code: Select all

sudo yum install python python-twisted python-twisted-web2 pyOpenSSL python-simplejson python-setuptools gettext intltool pyxdg python-chardet python-GeoIP rb_libtorrent-python notify-python pygame pygtk2 pygtk2-devel librsvg2-devel xdg-utils python-mako
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

1.39 is the development version (master branch), you should installed 1.3.3-dev (which will become 1.3.4) which is in the 1.3-stable branch.
Check out these instructions on switching branches: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/GitRepo
waeking

Post by waeking »

Thanks worked great!
waeking

Post by waeking »

One more thing with Magnet links..... I uninstalled 1.3.3 through yum. Then installed 1.3.4 through git. Before (1.3.3) the magnet handlers worked from brower to deluge no problem. Now (1.3.4) They don't I tried the gconf-tool2 trick with no result. I think that fedora16 is using dconf. Would anyone no how to configure that?