Seeders & Leechers stats

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
fukt

Re: Seeders & Leechers stats

Post by fukt »

This issue was worked on for Deluge 1.3.3 and something has changed. Now the numbers do update but they are not very accurate. For example if the tracker lists 58 seeders and 0 peers Deluge says 12 seeders and 2777 peers :?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I changed it to show list_peers and list_seeds:
http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/manual.html#torrent-status wrote: list_seeds and list_peers are the number of seeds in our peer list and the total number of peers (including seeds) respectively. We are not necessarily connected to all the peers in our peer list. This is the number of peers we know of in total, including banned peers and peers that we have failed to connect to.
toniboni88

Post by toniboni88 »

fukt

Post by fukt »

Hi toniboni

I couldn't find anything about seeder and leecher stats in the release notes of libtorrent 0.15.7 http://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/dow ... z&can=2&q=

I'm not sure list_peers and list_seeds are the correct commands to use since I've got the same issue in the new 1.3.3 with libtorrent 0.15.7. For example the tracker lists 137 seeders and 0 leechers but Deluge says 47 seeders and 2418 peers :?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Is this a public or private tracker? As the high number of peers could be from DHT.
toniboni88

Post by toniboni88 »

In my case is a private tracker.
Tracker say O peer and 1 Leech, Deluge say 2 seed and 8 peer.
fukt

Post by fukt »

I use mostly private trackers and have all network extras disabled, including DHT.

For testing I'm trying to download from a public tracker http://www.clearbits.net/torrents/53-st ... pirkinning
It's not easy since Deluge 1.3.3 keeps hanging after a couple of seconds but I can still see the number of seeders and peers. Clearbits says 186 and 3 and in Deluge it is 7 and 99.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help resolving this issue. I've got a test environment set up so I can install/uninstall/reinstall all day :)

Thanks
Ars3nic

Post by Ars3nic »

I have this same issue, also with 1.3.3, and use only private trackers. Sometimes the reported number of seeds and leeches is too high, but in other cases it is far too low. Just for an example, one torrent I am currently seeding has a total of 27 seeds and 0 leeches, but Deluge is reporting 2 seeds and 2 leeches.
gymka
New User
New User

Post by gymka »

Ars3nic wrote:I have this same issue, also with 1.3.3, and use only private trackers. Sometimes the reported number of seeds and leeches is too high, but in other cases it is far too low. Just for an example, one torrent I am currently seeding has a total of 27 seeds and 0 leeches, but Deluge is reporting 2 seeds and 2 leeches.
in 1.3.3 i had same problem, downgraded to 1.3.2 and everything works as it should:)
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

in 1.3.3 i had same problem, downgraded to 1.3.2 and everything works as it should:)
However by doing that you will may encounter the original problem that fukt and others reported. Also just to be clear this is just a display issue and does not actually affect the torrent downloading or connecting.

Rather than using older versions of Deluge you can simply revert the change I made: http://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/co ... d=1a9ae626