Using flexget to get one-off documentaries by key word?

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
chimora
New User
New User

Using flexget to get one-off documentaries by key word?

Post by chimora »

Hello All.

I'm having some difficulty trying to get flexget to grab torrents by keyword in an RSS feed.
As an example, I'd like to get anything that has "BBC Attenborough" in the title, that is hdtv quality, from eztv's rss.

Is there a plugin for flexget, similar to "series", that would do this? I'd like it to remember what it has already downloaded and ignore such entries.

Using "series" right now fails as there is no season/episode information, obviously.
gazpachoking

Re: Using flexget to get one-off documentaries by key word?

Post by gazpachoking »

Here is how I would configure your feed:

Code: Select all

rss: http://rssfeed
regexp:
  accept:
    - bbc.attenborough
quality: hdtv
This would accept anything that has bbc attenborough in the title, (regexp plugin is case insensitive,) and was hdtv quality.
You can look up the documentation for these and other plugins here.
With no season/episode information, it is very hard to tell if another release is the same episode or not if the title isn't the same (if the title is the same the built in 'seen' plugin will automatically reject duplicates.) If you are only using the one feed, and restricting quality to hdtv, that shouldn't be too much of a problem though. You can always stop by [url=irc://irc.freenode.org/#flexget]#flexget on freenode[/url] if you need some more help.
chimora
New User
New User

Post by chimora »

Thank you very much.
I've been having trouble with the documentation for flexget. Some items, like "all_series" and "movies" aren't recognized sometimes.

But I do believe this regexp is the way to go. I just couldn't quite get it handled on my own.

Very much appreciated.
chimora
New User
New User

Post by chimora »

Actually, gazpachoking, after doing a flexget -v --test I think this is -exactly- what I was looking for.

I may have to play with it a bit and add some different syntax to catch additional naming conventions since, as you mentioned, regexp is case sensitive. Or I might not, as these are MVGroup releases via eztv. So there should already be a naming convention in place and no repeats.

Thanks a ton.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

I actually said insensitive, so you don't have to worry about that at least. EDIT: In retrospect, 'not case sensetive' would probably have been a better choice of words.