Issue Installing on Mac

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
strangiato

Issue Installing on Mac

Post by strangiato »

So I am attempting to install Deluge for the first time and I ran into some problems with the terminal steps. So far I have installed xCode, and Mac Ports. I then moved onto the terminal prompts and it is currently stuck in step 5 listed in the wiki.

I issued the following command straight from the wiki:

Code: Select all

port -v install python26 +no_tkinter python_select py26-twisted py26-twisted-web2 openssl py26-openssl py26-simplejson gettext py26-geoip py26-chardet py26-game py26-gtk py-gtk2 librsvg libnotify py26-xdg py26-mako wget

It appeared to work for a while but it is currently stuck in one of the download sections and is not downloading anything. It was able to snatch the first few kb but stopped downloading at that point.

Here are the last few lines that are showing up in terminal:

Code: Select all

--->  Installing mpfr @3.0.0-p8_0
--->  Activating mpfr @3.0.0-p8_0
--->  Cleaning mpfr
--->  Removing work directory for mpfr
--->  Fetching gcc44
--->  gcc-core-4.4.5.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/gcc44
--->  Attempting to fetch gcc-core-4.4.5.tar.bz2 from ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-4.4.5/
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0 25.1M    0  243k    0     0     29      0  10d 12h  2:22:00  10d 10h     0

The command prompt from terminal is huge in this section so if you want/need to see me of it let me know.

At this point I have no clue what to do. Any tips would be greatly appreciated at this point.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Issue Installing on Mac

Post by Cas »

I have moved your topic to the MacOS forum.

Did you also see the instructions here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 13&t=34649
daenney
New User
New User

Re: Issue Installing on Mac

Post by daenney »

Hit Ctrl+C. This will cancel what you're doing but any progress will be saved, stuff that is already compiled and installed won't get lost.

Then just issue your command again, seems you got a mirror of a software packages that is down-ish.