Change Upload/Download speed

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
gerdradecke

Change Upload/Download speed

Post by gerdradecke »

Hi,
I've just recently started using deluge and so far it's quite amazing, there is only one little thing. I like to change my upload speed a lot (for various reasons, mostly cause I want to send something to a friend quickly or upload something to a server)

So it would be nice if it was possible to change it by clicking on the speedlimit in the statusbar without having to go all the way into the preferences.

Thanks for the great application.

ps: I saw this thread about seeding deluge (http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=10&t=264) to take the load of the deluge download servers, i would be happy to mirror deluge if wanted. (And I'm sure there are other pages that would to.
scrapmetal
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Change Upload/Download speed

Post by scrapmetal »

not sure whart version of deluge ur using but in recent svn builds u can do that by rightclicking the tray icon and choose 'global up speed limit'
ubuntu intrepid amd64
gerdradecke

Post by gerdradecke »

im still using the 0.5.3 which lies in the unstable section of the debian repositories :) but what you just described sounds perfect. looking forward for the new version to be released
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

gerdradecke wrote:im still using the 0.5.3 which lies in the unstable section of the debian repositories :) but what you just described sounds perfect. looking forward for the new version to be released
just use our debian unstable package for 0.5.4.
i386:
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/inde ... 1_i386.deb
or amd64:
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/inde ... _amd64.deb
gerdradecke

Post by gerdradecke »

sweet, thank you. only one thing, if I choose to enter another speedlimit, the window that pops up doesn't have any window decorations around it.
Attachments
Uploadlimit window
Uploadlimit window
deluge.png (7.8 KiB) Viewed 5538 times
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

gerdradecke wrote:sweet, thank you. only one thing, if I choose to enter another speedlimit, the window that pops up doesn't have any window decorations around it.
yeah, that was actually intentional. not a fan? :)
gerdradecke

Post by gerdradecke »

well, i don't mind it lookin that way, what kind of makes me dislike it is the fact that if you don't click on it but on something else - be it just a few pixels over into the deluge main window - it disappears behind the now active window. it is then shown in the taskbar but you can't use the deluge main window until you close it. (same thing for the preferences window) Maybe I'm missing something here but wouldn't it be nice if they would stay on top in deluge?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Yes, it probably should stay on top, or at least 'cancel' it self if it loses focus.