Locations plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
stoffe
New User
New User

Locations plugin

Post by stoffe »

"Automagically remembers relevant settings for different locations.

When this plugin is active, it will remember a lot of useful network-specific preferences, such as up- or download limits, open ports and proxy information. Just change preferences to suit each location while connected, and Deluge will automagically use those settings the next time you connect at that location. There is no other configuration needed.

The plugin determines location by identifying the unique MAC address of the Gateway used for the connection. It is therefore possible to have different settings for home and work, or for broadband, 3G and dial-up on the fly."

I'm mainly using this for my laptop, as I have a need to restrict upload ratio on one of the locations I connect at (if I max out, both up and down crawls to a halt). It works well for me, but it could use more testing for more situations, computers and connections. I'll be happy to try to fix any issues that would arise. Ideas for more features are also welcome if anyone can think of something useful.

Hope it is useful to more people. :)
Attachments
Locations-0.2.tar.bz2
Locations-0.2
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Last edited by stoffe on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Locations plugin

Post by markybob »

stoffe wrote:"Automagically remembers relevant settings for different locations.

When this plugin is active, it will remember a lot of useful network-specific preferences, such as up- or download limits, open ports and proxy information. Just change preferences to suit each location while connected, and Deluge will automagically use those settings the next time you connect at that location. There is no other configuration needed.

The plugin determines location by identifying the unique MAC address of the Gateway used for the connection. It is therefore possible to have different settings for home and work, or for broadband, 3G and dial-up on the fly."

I'm mainly using this for my laptop, as I have a need to restrict upload ratio on one of the locations I connect at (if I max out, both up and down crawls to a halt). It works well for me, but it could use more testing for more situations, computers and connections. I'll be happy to try to fix any issues that would arise. Ideas for more features are also welcome if anyone can think of something useful.

Hope it is useful to more people. :)
this unfortunately doesnt work in svn trunk because we've redone the entire proxy config. think you could update this plugin to work with our current? :)
stoffe
New User
New User

Post by stoffe »

markybob wrote:this unfortunately doesnt work in svn trunk because we've redone the entire proxy config. think you could update this plugin to work with our current? :)
Yeah sure. :)

The plugin just has a list of preferences keys to store, looking at SVN source I see this list of keys that seems to be for proxying:
"web_proxy_type",
"peer_proxy_type",
"dht_proxy_type",
"tracker_proxy_type",
"peer_proxy",
"tracker_proxy",
"dht_proxy",
"peer_proxy_hostname",
"peer_proxy_username",
"peer_proxy_password",
"peer_proxy_port",
"dht_proxy_hostname",
"dht_proxy_username",
"dht_proxy_password",
"dht_proxy_port",
"web_proxy_hostname",
"web_proxy_username",
"web_proxy_password",
"web_proxy_port",
"tracker_proxy_hostname",
"tracker_proxy_username",
"tracker_proxy_password",
"tracker_proxy_port",
So it should just be a matter of adding these to the list and it should work with both current and SVN. Can you please confirm that these are the relevant keys (and point out more or less keys that should be in there) and I'll just add them and upload a new version. :)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

stoffe wrote:
markybob wrote:this unfortunately doesnt work in svn trunk because we've redone the entire proxy config. think you could update this plugin to work with our current? :)
Yeah sure. :)

The plugin just has a list of preferences keys to store, looking at SVN source I see this list of keys that seems to be for proxying:
"web_proxy_type",
"peer_proxy_type",
"dht_proxy_type",
"tracker_proxy_type",
"peer_proxy",
"tracker_proxy",
"dht_proxy",
"peer_proxy_hostname",
"peer_proxy_username",
"peer_proxy_password",
"peer_proxy_port",
"dht_proxy_hostname",
"dht_proxy_username",
"dht_proxy_password",
"dht_proxy_port",
"web_proxy_hostname",
"web_proxy_username",
"web_proxy_password",
"web_proxy_port",
"tracker_proxy_hostname",
"tracker_proxy_username",
"tracker_proxy_password",
"tracker_proxy_port",
So it should just be a matter of adding these to the list and it should work with both current and SVN. Can you please confirm that these are the relevant keys (and point out more or less keys that should be in there) and I'll just add them and upload a new version. :)
yep, those are them. thanks for the plugin :)
stoffe
New User
New User

Post by stoffe »

Replaced file in first post with a new version with the new keys. Please see if that works for you then. :)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

stoffe wrote:Replaced file in first post with a new version with the new keys. Please see if that works for you then. :)
i added random_port pref to the plugin and then committed it to SVN trunk. this will be in our next release. thanks :)
stoffe
New User
New User

Post by stoffe »

markybob wrote:
stoffe wrote:Replaced file in first post with a new version with the new keys. Please see if that works for you then. :)
i added random_port pref to the plugin and then committed it to SVN trunk. this will be in our next release. thanks :)
Hey cool, thanks! I was gonna put it on a Google project to get SVN, but this is much better. Hope it works well for more people and let me know if you need any help with it! :)