bug: gtk client doesn't use theme colors

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
stray

bug: gtk client doesn't use theme colors

Post by stray »

I don't seem to be able to create a new account on the bugtracker, so here goes:

program: deluge-gtk
version: 1.2.1
last not affected version: 1.1.9

The "State" and "Tracker" menu entries on the left seem to have a fixed background and text color regardless of the theme used.

The expected result would be that the theme colors are used.

examples:
1.png
1.png (7.47 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
2.png
2.png (7.38 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
3.png
3.png (6.97 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: bug: gtk client doesn't use theme colors

Post by Cas »

i have noticed the same bug too.

Did you manage to login to Trak using your forum user:pass to raise a ticket?
stray

Post by stray »

I tried that and it failed, but it seems that now registering is possible again.
galneon

Post by galneon »

(Here's the relevant feature request that Cas has already addressed and closed: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1193)

Bringing up this old thread to ask for this decision to be reconsidered. I find the sidebar in the screenshots you posted to be completely comprehensible. It's clear from the expand buttons that States and Trackers are major categories and I feel there's really no need to redesign the entire side bar in order to make the client fully themeable.

If you still don't want this to be themeable in the traditional sense (i.e. in gtkrc), could the fg/bg colors of the category lines possibly be made into gtkui.conf options? The default could be the current colors and aesthetes could change it to match their gtk theme if they so desire. The current colors are very ugly in dark themes like mine :/