New User
New User

AttributeError on peer tab in 1.2.1 on Vista

Post by jt4703 »

I'm getting TONS of this error spammed in the command deluge.exe window

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "deluge\ui\gtkui\peers_tab.py", line 359, in _on_query_tooltip
AttributeError: 'gtk.TreeView' object has no attribute 'get_tooltip_context'

I'm not sure if I could have messed something up during install but I chose all default/recommended options. I haven't made too many changes to the program preferences, however I have installed two plugins; ip filter and the piece map, both of which seem to be working without issue.

Any idea whats causing this or if it is fixed in the second release of 1.2.1? I have no interest in using WEBUI so I wasn't going to mess with installing again.
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Re: AttributeError on peer tab in 1.2.1 on Vista

Post by trektorrents »

There seem to be a couple of issues with the initial 1.2.1 installer (i.2.1-dev for Windows.)

Uninstall and try the newer version.
jt4703
New User
New User

Post by jt4703 »

I uninstalled everything (deluge and the gtk2) and installed the 1.2.1 second version and fresh runtime with all the default options, except for not taking torrent associations and magnets. Happily all my settings and torrents are there but I am still getting that same error. The error seems to print when the mouse cursor is moving around in the peer information area, even if the gui interface is not the active window. None of the other tabs have the same issue.

I also noticed when I open the program I get this first thing in the deluge.exe cmd window

c:\program files\deluge\deluge-python\deluge-1.2.1-py2.6.egg\deluge\ui\gtkui\mai
nwindow.py:62: GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-deprecated GtkToolbar API i
s not allowed
c:\program files\deluge\deluge-python\deluge-1.2.1-py2.6.egg\deluge\core\core.py
:507: DeprecationWarning: Use get_session_status().
c:\program files\deluge\deluge-python\deluge-1.2.1-py2.6.egg\deluge\core\core.py
:513: DeprecationWarning: Use get_session_status().
:616: DeprecationWarning: Use get_session_status().
s3m0
New User
New User

Post by s3m0 »

Hello, I had similar problem on Windows 7 and I found what was the cause of it.

The problem was that I had the same Warnings when starting Deluge, cmd window showing up with them and couldn't close it without closing Deluge. At first I googled it and found this thread, then I looked at the shortcut that I had made on my taskbar to Deluge, for some reason it was pointing there:

C:\Program Files\Deluge\Deluge-Python\deluge.exe

I changed the shortcut to:

C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluge.cmd

So that pretty much fixed it. When I installed and ran Deluge for the first time I had no problems at all. It happened when I pinned the icon to the taskbar with my other programs. I hope this helps. This is my first post in this forum and I want to thank to the people developing this application.
jt4703
New User
New User

Post by jt4703 »

I eventually stumbled across the deluge.cmd and have been opening the program that way since, but I did think the cmd window AND the gui were supposed to be up at the same time. If it doesn't need to be then the change for shortcuts works great!