Deluge dropping connections

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
SatNav

Deluge dropping connections

Post by SatNav »

First off, props to the devs - this is shaping up to be the best native linux torrent client, IMO. Once compact storage allocation is working, I'll be able to ditch Wine+uTorrent for good. Also, file prioritisation would be nice ;)

So I'm having a strange problem with deluge - I've searched about and I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. What happens is, I'll add a torrent, it contacts the tracker and gets the peer list, seeds and peers show up on the torrent line, all fine.

Then, over the next fifteen minutes or so, the seed and peer totals gradually fall to zero, and all the connections get dropped. At any point, I can update the tracker, and they all come back, but this is obviously not a good solution, and deluge only updates it itself once an hour (I don't know if this is a tracker setting or a deluge default).

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something I'm missing, or should I submit a bug report?

Cheers,
Mark
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge dropping connections

Post by markybob »

SatNav wrote:First off, props to the devs - this is shaping up to be the best native linux torrent client, IMO. Once compact storage allocation is working, I'll be able to ditch Wine+uTorrent for good. Also, file prioritisation would be nice ;)

So I'm having a strange problem with deluge - I've searched about and I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. What happens is, I'll add a torrent, it contacts the tracker and gets the peer list, seeds and peers show up on the torrent line, all fine.

Then, over the next fifteen minutes or so, the seed and peer totals gradually fall to zero, and all the connections get dropped. At any point, I can update the tracker, and they all come back, but this is obviously not a good solution, and deluge only updates it itself once an hour (I don't know if this is a tracker setting or a deluge default).

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something I'm missing, or should I submit a bug report?

Cheers,
Mark
thanks, glad you like it. :) btw, compact allocation is working in 0.5.1 beta 1. there was a problem earlier with libtorrent giving up on peers too quickly, but this should be fixed now in 0.5.1 beta 1. have you tried it there, or only in 0.5.0?
SatNav

Re: Deluge dropping connections

Post by SatNav »

Ah - that's probably it then - I have been using 0.5.0. Thing is, I've now upgraded to beta 1, and when I run it, I get this:

Code: Select all

mark@mark-laptop:~$ deluge
no existing Deluge session
deluge_core; using libtorrent 0.13.0.0. Compiled with NDEBUG value: 1
Applying preferences
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 63, in <module>
    interface = deluge.interface.DelugeGTK()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py", line 94, in __init__
    '%s %s'%(common.PROGRAM_NAME, common.PROGRAM_VERSION), common.CONFIG_DIR)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/core.py", line 233, in __init__
    self.state = pickle.load(pkl_file)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/pickle.py", line 1370, in load
    return Unpickler(file).load()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/pickle.py", line 858, in load
    dispatch[key](self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/pickle.py", line 1069, in load_inst
    klass = self.find_class(module, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/pickle.py", line 1124, in find_class
    __import__(module)
ImportError: No module named deluge
edit: my bad, this has already been addressed elsewhere. Thanks again!

Mark