Web UI add on: Add Torrent userscript

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
waeking

Re: Web UI add on: Add Torrent userscript

Post by waeking »

Excellent work! This is what makes deluge complete. Cheers!
waeking

Post by waeking »

after using this script for so long. I am very impressed with it. It works even on most member sites. except demonoid. I know that the old script had some special stuff worked into it. I am wondering if this could be applied to this new script. However when I look at the new script it shows that demonoid has been incorporated. perhaps we need a new work around.
aidos

Post by aidos »

I just gave it a try, and indeed the script remains in loading state for ever. But after some testing, it's not a problem with my script but with Deluge, which fails to downloads the torrent file.
So you should file a bug report with the Deluge developpers ;)
waeking

Post by waeking »

aidos would you mind posting this bug. I definitely have less knowledge about this than you. I think that you would have greater insight into what the developers may be looking for. let me know, if you don't want to I will post the bug.
aidos

Post by aidos »

If I do it, it'll have to wait until I get back home, so not until january. Maybe you should post what you got so far, I'll complete it later as comments to the bug report.
waeking

Post by waeking »

I have created a ticket:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1111
However I have not been able to add much detail.
waeking

Post by waeking »

I have now figured out how to get the developers build of google chrome working with extensions including greasemonkey scripts. I can install this script sucessfully. When I load a web page with torrents on it the script appears to recognize this and the deluge tear drop appears blue. When you click on this the tear drop turns read and shows there is a login error. I have checked the script to make sure that I have the correct information. I am not sure where to go from here.
bcode

Post by bcode »

This seams to be the functionality in Safari as well (using NinjaKit and the greasemonkey script)... In fact, I can't get it to work with firefox either. Any tricks I'm missing?
aidos

Post by aidos »

Did you change the IP, port and password information in the script ? If you don't, it won't know where to connect.

EDIT: Apparently, there is a bug in NinjaKit, the script authenticates fine, but NinajKit doesn't memorize the session cookie, so the following requests to the WebUI are refused. You should report this to the NinjaKit author, nothing I can do about it. A simple workaround is to manually login in the WebUI, to get a proper session cookie, and then the script works fine. I only tested in Safari but I suspect the problem is the same in Chrome.
If you need more info for the bug report, feel free to PM me.