[Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Murz
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

[Request] Add ".part" extension for uncompleted files

Postby Murz » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Very often I look the download files not via Deluge interface, but in folders via file manager. And I didn't see which files is already downloaded, but which is only partly.
Will be good to see an option that add ".part" suffix for files that didn't finished downloading, and after finishing - remove this suffix.
For example, I have fully downloaded file "supermovie_disk1.avi" but "supermovie_disk2.avi" is downloading and have only 30% part. In folder I want to see:

Code: Select all

Supermovie folder
- supermovie_disk1.avi
- supermovie_disk2.avi.part

After second file download is competed, in folder I must see:

Code: Select all

Supermovie folder
- supermovie_disk1.avi
- supermovie_disk2.avi

I didn't find how I can do this with Deluge standard options and will be glad to see the plugin for this.

P.S. "Move completed to" option is not good for me, because I manually select different folders for each downloading file.

gazpachoking
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Contact:

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby gazpachoking » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:22 pm

What you could do (and what I do) is download all your torrents to an incomplete directory and manually set the move completed for each torrent. I was thinking of writing a plugin to do .part file extensions like you wanted, but last time I checked there was no hook in libtorrent for file completed to tie into.

Murz
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby Murz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:03 pm

gazpachoking wrote:manually set the move completed for each torrent

I can set this only after download completed or on first download dialog? I have found only global option for all torrents to move it after finish downloading to one folder.
But very useful must be reverse variant: save partially downloaded files to temp folder, and move completed to correct destination, setted in first torrent save dialog.

andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:38 pm
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby andar » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Murz wrote:
gazpachoking wrote:manually set the move completed for each torrent

I can set this only after download completed or on first download dialog? I have found only global option for all torrents to move it after finish downloading to one folder.
But very useful must be reverse variant: save partially downloaded files to temp folder, and move completed to correct destination, setted in first torrent save dialog.


Set your default download location to an "Incomplete/" folder and then set your move on completed folder to a "Completed/" folder.

Murz
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby Murz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:06 pm

andar wrote:
Murz wrote:
gazpachoking wrote:manually set the move completed for each torrent

I can set this only after download completed or on first download dialog? I have found only global option for all torrents to move it after finish downloading to one folder.
But very useful must be reverse variant: save partially downloaded files to temp folder, and move completed to correct destination, setted in first torrent save dialog.


Set your default download location to an "Incomplete/" folder and then set your move on completed folder to a "Completed/" folder.

I need to separate downloaded files by type: movies in one folder, music in second, software - each type in separate folder... I can set correct location only manually at start downloading...

gazpachoking
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Contact:

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby gazpachoking » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:32 pm

Once you add the torrent, you can go to the options tab to enable move completed, and set the path for that torrent.

Murz
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby Murz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:15 am

gazpachoking wrote:Once you add the torrent, you can go to the options tab to enable move completed, and set the path for that torrent.

In "Add Torrens" dialog "Options" tab I see only "Download location" tab. If I set the location in this place, does file moved to this folder after downloading, or to the default folder, setted in global preferences?
And this variant didn't solve the multi-filed torrents problem, if it downloaded partly (for example, one of three files downloaded at 100%), i didn't see in folder which file is finished downloading, I can see it only in deluge torrent dialog.
Therefore, I think that add ".part" extension must be very useful function, maybe better add it to core.

gazpachoking
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Contact:

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby gazpachoking » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 am

Murz wrote:In "Add Torrens" dialog "Options" tab I see only "Download location" tab.

You don't set it on the add torrent dialog, you set it after you add the torrent on the options tab.
Murz wrote:And this variant didn't solve the multi-filed torrents problem, if it downloaded partly (for example, one of three files downloaded at 100%), i didn't see in folder which file is finished downloading, I can see it only in deluge torrent dialog.
Therefore, I think that add ".part" extension must be very useful function, maybe better add it to core.

Indeed, this would be nice, but I believe it isn't added to the core because libtorrent doesn't have a file complete hook, so there is no elegant way to do it. The only way would be to check periodically if a file was complete and change the name then. This could be done in a plugin, I might do it eventually if I get the time and inspired.

Murz
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby Murz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:38 am

gazpachoking wrote:
Murz wrote:In "Add Torrens" dialog "Options" tab I see only "Download location" tab.

You don't set it on the add torrent dialog, you set it after you add the torrent on the options tab.

Thank's, I have found it!

gazpachoking wrote:
Murz wrote:And this variant didn't solve the multi-filed torrents problem, if it downloaded partly (for example, one of three files downloaded at 100%), i didn't see in folder which file is finished downloading, I can see it only in deluge torrent dialog.
Therefore, I think that add ".part" extension must be very useful function, maybe better add it to core.

Indeed, this would be nice, but I believe it isn't added to the core because libtorrent doesn't have a file complete hook, so there is no elegant way to do it. The only way would be to check periodically if a file was complete and change the name then. This could be done in a plugin, I might do it eventually if I get the time and inspired.

Can I or you improve adding needed hook to the core?

gazpachoking
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Contact:

Re: Add ".part" extension for downloading (not completed) files

Postby gazpachoking » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Murz wrote:Can I or you improve adding needed hook to the core?

Sure, take a look at libtorrent, see how hard it would be.


Return to “Plugins”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests