is WinXp sp2 still supported?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ninjai
New User
New User

is WinXp sp2 still supported?

Post by ninjai »

Hi,

I tried all four deluge 1.2rc versions on my old PC running XP with sp2. All four RC builds
fail the same way. The programs deluge.exe and deluged.exe in the deluge-python directory cannot start.
It looks like windows does not recognize this files as executables. At least the error message suggests this
when I try to launch both programs from cli. Or the builds expect a slightly different runtime environment,
which is not provided in SP2. No logfiles are created.

GTK is installed correctly with the update to %PATH%.
Does anyone run a 1.2rc build successfully on XP with SP2 (home, if this matters)?

I tried the same on my laptop running XP with SP3 (professional) and everything run as expected.

Regards
Ninjai
loki

Re: is WinXp sp2 still supported?

Post by loki »

I'm pretty sure my XP laptop has been updated to sp3 it does work fine.
ninjai
New User
New User

Post by ninjai »

loki wrote:I'm pretty sure my XP laptop has been updated to sp3 it does work fine.
I know. It works here with XP sp3 too, but what about XP sp2? I cannot upgrade the dedicated
box to sp3 yet. IMO there should not be any much difference between SP2 and SP3.

Perhaps it is some other stuff, that's missing on the sp2 box?
Does the build have an unwanted dependency to some .net stuff? The server with xp sp2 does not have
a .net 3.x runtime installed. The laptop with sp3 does have the latest .net 3.5sp1 runtime installed.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

loki

Post by loki »

My post, I guess I was saying I had no way to check if sp2 was working since I was already upgraded to sp3. It looks like you got it working at least from the looks of the other thread...